• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit not eating and has diarhea

01DeeDee10

New Kit
My white lionhaired lop eared rabbit has not eaten anything for a few day
He is drinking very little and I have just noticed he now has diarhea
He has lost weight and is skinny now. I Tried contacting the vets but they are all
Closed. My rabbit is about 4 years old. Please help!

He needs to go to a vet immediately, it is an emergency when a rabbit doesn't eat for a long period of time. Is there not an out of hours number on the answer phone if you call the vets? Where are you from? Most vets, when they are closed and they are called, have a message with an out of hours surgeries number that they divert you too. Please try and get him to a vet ASAP!

- as above, dont delay.. your bunny can be in serious distress and mask it really well..

Good luck, let us know how bunny gets on at vets

Fee x

I'm from Glasgow, I'm searching on the Internet to find somewhere
My mums phoned up the vet and the voice message isn't clear so we
Can't make out a number. Il try and find an emergency place and get him
There fast!

Ring every vet in the area until you find one that will take you in right now. It's very serious emergency.

Vets Now are in North Street in Glasgow just next to the Mitchell Library, just off the M8..
They are an emergency vets. open 24/7

They charge £100 for a consultation and £20.00 or so for an appointment. You could claim this back on any insurance you may have,,,, Wish i had realised you were in Glasgow

All the best
Fee xxx

Poor bunny :cry: That's very serious, so you're doing the right thing trying to find a vet. Don't give up, there'll be one somewhere nearby that has emergency cover. Hope you can get him seen quickly and he'll be OK xx

There's also pets a and e in linking park.
They've had a talk from my vet on rabbit emergencies. So are quite savvy.

Thank you all for helping, I found an emergency hospital for animals and took him there,
He had an operation as his back teeth had grown to much and were digging into his gums,
Unfortunately he was to weak to recover and past away last night!

Back