• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pledge A Pound - A Worthwhile Cause?

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Please read this and YOU decide

This is Bella Bumble, she is a 5 year old bunny who was taken in by Tracy at the Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare in Rugby and thank goodness she was, this was her when she arrived

EllieandLily006x2_zps95de248e.jpg

I went to visit Tracy half an hour after this girlie had arrived, I took one look and said I would find her a sanctuary place, I have never seen a more depressed bunny in all my life, she had 'given up' and when I heard her story I could see why, she started her life as 'Lily' a much loved pet, for the first 3 years she was a free range house rabbit and very pampered, had everything she wanted and was really spoiled, then her owner became pregnant and 'Lily' was bought her first hutch and promptly demoted to the garden, she was quickly forgotten about, fed rubbish mix food a couple of times a week and wasn't let out for exercise very often, if at all, that is how she spent the next two years, to show how neglected she had become .......her owner hadn't even noticed her eye until it was in this state, they then said they couldn't keep her anymore and handed her over to Tracy.

I took Bella Bumble home and got her the urgent vetrinary treatment she needed and tried to get her eating, she was soooo miserable and it took some time but we are going in the right direction, as soon as I saw her I knew she had cancer and that being unspeyed was going to be problem and so when the vet came last week to do check ups she examined her and said that if we were going to spey her then we should do it now and so on Thursday our Beautiful Bella Bumble went in and was speyed, yes she had 4 cancerous growths and the vet *thinks* she got it all out but obviously only time will tell, at least we know we made the right decision and we have given her every chance, she is back at home and recovering well, we are so happy with her progress

My point to all of this is, obviously to update you all on Bella Bumble and to ask ..... Pledge A Pound - Is it a Worthwhile Cause? ........ you bet it is

In January we were lucky enough to be drawn out of the monthly draw by the very handsome Dodger and we received a £75 donation, that £75 donation has paid for all her veterinary treatment for her eye and it's paid for her spey, so I would like to say a huge thank you to all the PAP organisers and those people who work tirelessly behind the scenes to raise money and raise awareness, most of all I would like to say a huge thank you to all those people who donate £1 every month to this very worthwhile cause

If you are one of those who donates then just think what you have done, you have helped a bunny get veterinary treatment and to get speyed and not suffer a long lingering agonising death of uterine cancer all alone in a tiny hutch with no care or company, it really means a lot to us rescues and sanctuaries, it's not just the money it's also knowing that people are there to support us, thank you so much everyone, it really is appreciated, I know the bunnies can't talk themselves but if they could they would be saying

THANK YOU​

Bella Bumble this morning

BellaandPoppy002x2_zps50a05f9f.jpg

PaP is a indeed a worthwhile cause! :thumb:
I know it may be irrelevant, Theo, but I admire you for not only caring for the animals in your sanctury while you are in excruciating pain, but also trying to promote other worthwhile causes. :love::love::love:

Oh bless her, thank you for sharing this heart-warming news on her progress. :love:

Great to know that through PAP so many people have played a small part in her progress, brings a wee tear to my eye. :oops:

PaP is a fab fundraiser

It gives rescues the resource that is the most needed - money to pay for veterinary treatment and living costs for those in rescue.

For us £75 would feed and bed 15 rabbits for a week, or pay for a spay, or pay for heart medication for two rabbits for 3 months

We are very grateful to all PaP supporters, and of course to Sue and the team for all the work they do to make it happen:D

Pledge a Pound keeps growing, and therefore helping more bunnies in need :)

We're 3 years old now :D The next big share out will be the Spring Shareout, so hopefully all the rescues/sanctuaries that are part of PaP will get an extra donation to help them with the after effects of Easter.

Theo, Bella Bumble is gorgeous, and I hope she continues to improve and have a peaceful life with you :love:

I'm a proud PaP supporter and reading this has made me remember why. I'm just off to pop a small donation to the cause. :love:

Just to add that all the money that Kirkby Pet Welfare has received from PaP has gone directly to pay towards Kirkby's veterinary bill. :wave:

I am so happy to hear of Bella Bumbles progress. How very sad she was pampered for 3 years then shoved into a hutch outside, never played with again and so over fed, she must have wondered what she did to deserve it. :cry: Really heartbreaking.

I hope there won't be anymore cancer. Glad this lovely girl has fallen on her feet now, she looks so much better, even her fur is more shiny.:love:

PaP is great. :love:

We were also luck enough to be drawn in January and the money paid towards speying 2 of the Aberdeen rescue bunnies.
Pledge a pound has been a tremendous help to Halfpenny Farm bunnies, so thank you to those who support it.

Theo, I hope you are ok and hope Bella Bumbles continues to recover and learns to enjoy life again.

PaP is one of the best causes ever started for the bunnies, I think because of the unique way it helps the rescues on its list and with EVERY penny raised going to the rescues this cause is just as important if not more so than make mine chocolate and the rwaf. I hope it contines to grow with many more rescues being able to be helped every month and gets the recognician that the other two charites I have mentioned get.

Wonderful charity for wonderful rescues and sanctuaries :love: :love:

What a lovely thread :)

I am so happy that Pledge a Pound manages to help out all the bunnies. It is definately down to the wonderful support and donations that each and every person gives.

All the small amounts really do add up and make so many differences :)

Thanks to all who support the cause!

PaP is a indeed a worthwhile cause! :thumb:
I know it may be irrelevant, Theo, but I admire you for not only caring for the animals in your sanctury while you are in excruciating pain, but also trying to promote other worthwhile causes. :love::love::love:

:oops::oops::oops::oops:Thank you, I just think that PAP is brilliant and I know there are some people on here who donate to PAP and I think it's nice that they see where their money is being spent:thumb:

My main reason for supporting PAP is without you wonderful rescues
many bunnies would be a lot worse off.
Our job is easy just donating.
Your job is very hard and must be emotionally draining.
So all you rescues ,i am sure i speak to all supporters of PAP
thanks and keep up the fabulous work.
And when you hear the story of Bella it makes it more worthwhile.
Long may it continue and grow.
Special mention to Sue and all the others for managing PAP.
Love you all:love:

My main reason for supporting PAP is without you wonderful rescues
many bunnies would be a lot worse off.
Our job is easy just donating.
Your job is very hard and must be emotionally draining.
So all you rescues ,i am sure i speak to all supporters of PAP
thanks and keep up the fabulous work.
And when you hear the story of Bella it makes it more worthwhile.
Long may it continue and grow.
Special mention to Sue and all the others for managing PAP.
Love you all:love:

I could not have said it better myself.

PAP is such a worthwhile cause and helps bunnies in so many ways.

Snowy thank you for sharing Bella Bumble's sotry with us and hope that she continues to improve and be loved :love:

Thank you for all the people to support this brilliant cause, it really does help

Back