• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rabbit and his Tiger: A Bittersweet Story

Zara

Mama Doe
(I know people don't seem to like my picture threads all that much; if it's because of the quality of the pictures I'm sorry. Sometimes all I have is my ipod on me when a picture-perfect moment pops up, but here we go)

I don't know how many of you remember, but I had a little adorable oddball runt of a rabbit called Batbunny, a sweet rabbit who I loved dearly. He got his name for looking like a bat with his bent ear and fuzzy fur, and he had the most gorgeous blue eyes :love:

batbunny_zpsf51bc83c.jpg

When I ended up adopting Rascal after realising Bats was lonely after his brother sadly died, the two bonded almost instantly. It was love at first hump :lol:

They were happy together for over a year, Batbunny would often sit on a stuffed tiger plush I'd given him while he and Rascal took turns grooming each other. Batbunny loved his tiger and would often sleep on it, Rascal however ignored it. He preferred sleeping on Batbunny.

sadly when Batbunny was nearly five he became ill suddenly, I ended up spending a fortune at the vets trying to keep him alive and find out what was wrong, but it turned out to be kidney failure :cry: there was nothing I could do for my little runt.

Rascal didn't take his mates death well :cry: He started tearing up the carpet in grief and tossed things around, I felt so guilty that he was suffering. After a few weeks he settled down and with lots of cuddles and attention, became happy again. However there was one huuuuge difference:

IMG_0976_zps099ff366.jpg

Rascal wouldn't be without Batbunny's tiger. He'd groom it, sit on it, and snuggle up to it to sleep as if it was another rabbit. No other stuffed toy mattered, it was only ever the tiger. Even when Jack arrived, her still preferred the tiger (probably because, unlike Jack, the tiger didn't demand nose-grooms every ten seconds)

IMG_0999_zpsc2b956c3.jpg

IMG_0998_zps4e730d03.jpg

It's almost heartbreaking to see him lovingly snuggling the Tiger like he used to snuggle Batbunny, but it's heartwarming at the same time. Never under-estimate the bonds of rabbits :love:

(this was when he realised I'd snuck up to take photos :lol:)

IMG_1012_zpsbebfed82.jpg

Awww... Sad but really sweet that Rascal has Batbunny's Tiger... Xxx you must really miss Batbunny too... Those ears... :love:

Ps. I love the expression on Rascals face in the end pic... :lol:

thankyou people :love:

I have plenty of the hareling (my nickname for Jack as he's half-belgian hare, he's got a pointy face with big ears and huuuuge feat and a long tail) mostly in older threads, but I realise I need to re-upload them since I deleted my old photobucket for stalker reasons (somebody uploaded my private photobucket to a perverted extractor site that can extract your private photos- luckily all they got was rabbits! :lol: )

There's some photos of him in this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?379002-Rascal-and-Jack-(including-lots-of-fluff)
I'm constantly taking photos of them, so be prepared for more threads soon :lol: and I'll hunt down his other photos and re-upload em.

oh, found one of him with his teddy. That however is not as romantic as the Tiger story, as you can see :lol:

jackbear1_zpscf91c612.jpg

poor teddy.

HD Jack on my bed

fc35ead9-6d39-4254-91b9-31181ca77d65_zps1eb23e6d.jpg

I'll make a fresh Jack thread tomorrow :lol:

Aww you are right. Bittersweet. But that is lovely that he found comfort in his friends teddy. Almost human emotions.

That was so emotional.... It reminded me on Willow sitting next to a cuddly teddy i put in her hutch when Floppy passed..

So sad .... fee xxxxx

Back