• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Difficulty attaching Run to hutch

toria

Warren Scout
Hi,
I did mention this in another post but will start afresh in case anyone can help:
I bought my rabbits a 6x2x2 flat roofed Happy Hutch and Run as one of my rabbits has slight mobility problems and the double hutch with ramp they had was becoming dangerous.
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/rabbit-hutch-and-run-combinations/74
Anyway, it came and I put the hutch together all by myself despite having a fractured foot and was really pleased with it.
Then I put the run together and 2 weeks later, I am still pondering as to how the run attaches to the hutch.
I just can't seem to fit the run around the hutch roof so it sits next to the wooden blocks on the side of the hutch. It seems ever so slightly too small to me to do so. I have taken the run apart and put it together again, shifted the hutch roof slightly and nothing.
I think I must be doing something so obviously wrong!!

I am so irritated as I can't complete their new set up and I so want to get it finished so they can enjoy it properly.
Has anyone else got this particular hutch and run or had this problem or have any suggestions?

Thank you.

By the way - my rabbits are in the new hutch and love it. They moved in really well and have certainly been making it their new home!! :lol:

could you add a thin piece of wood to make it the right size maybe? i find all hutches and runs seem to need some adjustment :roll:

It's easy to do things like this, don't worry! Perhaps you could take some pics tomorrow and then people could offer better suggestions? I'm having a hard time visualising the way that it doesn't fit :D

I don't know much about Happy Hutch products but surely if it's meant to fit, it should?
As someone said, a photo may help us to help you.

Why not give Happy Hutch a call.

We have our hutches custom made by them and they're really helpful.

We've had over 30 of their hutches and whenever we've had any queries they've sorted them quickly :D

The Run is too small to fit around the front of the hutch, this is the problem.
I did email but not heard naything back.
I've never had any success with uploading photos onto here. Will look into it.
Thanks for your replys.

The Run is too small to fit around the front of the hutch, this is the problem.
I did email but not heard naything back.
I've never had any success with uploading photos onto here. Will look into it.
Thanks for your replys.

I'd try phoning 01482214744 - they are good at taking up any issues (in my experience).

Back