• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Settled Buns (Plus how to hoover around rabbits...?)

aatkin

Warren Scout
Ahh, my new little bunnies are settling in very well. Peabody is now matt free (thank goodness) after two intense grooming sessions. Unfortunately they haven't helped her skittishness or shyness, but at least it is better for her health if not our relationship! Emerson is a right little cheeky bun and loves being tousled and played with already!

Yesterday evening, I shut the door to their room and hoovered the hallway and house (which has been littered in bits of hay and fluff). Their room gets swept and tidied each evening, but on Sunday I'd like to hoover it to get it properly clean (at least once a week). What is the best way to do this? I was thinking maybe I'd let them out onto the landing (which they've been exploring all week) with their hidey-box, shut myself into their room and hoover it as quickly as I can, so they aren't kept out for too long. Does this sound okay?

IMG_5722_zps5f2e7fbb.jpg

IMG_5725_zps5dfdddfa.jpg

Awww - beautiful bunnies :love:

Your idea about the hoovering sounds exactly what I would do - just make sure they can't get do anything silly to hurt themselves out on the landing whilst you're not watching.

I also shut my buns on the landing whilst I Hoover! So much easier. They don't mind , especially if I chuck some pellets out there too!

Back