• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sore on skin

janhm69

Young Bun
Hi, I've got two bunny sisters who generally get on well, though one likes to think that she is the boss I think (Pip). I've just noticed that her sister (Pepper) has got a real sore patch at the back of her neck. Not a bite as they never fight, but I think as a result from manic washing from Pip. I am wondering what to put on this, as it looks so sore (it is a small patch by the way) but also if the washing will stop as suddenly as it has started. They have done it the other way around too in the past but Pip had a bald patch, not a very sore looking sore. Many thanks in advance for any advice!!

Without being able to see the sore area it is totally impossible to say what it may be or what may help as far as treatment goes

If it is inflamed and sore it may well be infected. Your only option is to get her examined by your Vet and then the appropriate treatment can be given

If she has had any injections/vaccinations in recent weeks that could have set off a local skin reaction.

Without being able to see the sore area it is totally impossible to say what it may be or what may help as far as treatment goes

If it is inflamed and sore it may well be infected. Your only option is to get her examined by your Vet and then the appropriate treatment can be given

If she has had any injections/vaccinations in recent weeks that could have set off a local skin reaction.

Wow! she had the VHD vaccination last week! Didn't have a reaction at all last year but could be. Many thanks, will have to investigate.

Back