• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Domino is deaf!

Trixielover

Mama Doe
I'm sure of it! Whenever he's in the run, I call out, he ignores. I get so close with out him knowing that when I stroke him, he freaks out! And this is with me calling out on the way to him! :shock:

Rustle a packet of food behind his back and see if he turns round. That's the easiest way to see if he's deaf :)
He may just be sleeping or ignoring you :lol:

Meh, Leo is deaf and is fine, he just gets scared at night because he sees things but doesn't hear them so has a night light. Hoping a friend will calm him down!

I have deaf buns, Like it as I can do everything in the hutch with them still snoozing, then after im finished and in another hutch they will catch site of me, oh oh oh oh feed me feed me feed me.... oooo you already did nomnomnomnom :lol:

I think one of my buns, Elda, is also deaf :) She doesn't react to sound (I tested by clapping my hands suddenly, the other bun jumped, Elda stayed still), and if she has her back to me when I come up to the cage, she will get really scared. I try to come from the side so that she can see me, but it doesn't always work :lol: it's not a problem for her though, apart from the times she gets scared.

Barry is deaf too. It doesnt hold him back but he does get spooked sometimes when he doesnt notice us approaching the run. He goes crazy and runs into everything but he calms down pretty quick when he knows its just us.

You would think my bun was deaf at times as he sits there with the light on no one at home look and you can shout his name etc etc and nothing but one tiny tiny noise of a pellet in a plastic box from a mile away and he'll break all land speed records getting to me!

My Nena is deaf. She does the things you mention! It's never caused her a problem... I think mostly because she's always had her sister around. However, if T is out in the run and N is in the shed she won't notice me calling her, rustling food, or opening the door until she can see me :roll:. We used to think she was just stubborn! Nope, poor baby is deaf as a post :lol: I sometimes have to send T to find her if she's not coming to me coz she can't hear me :roll:

Back