• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it harder to rehome agouti coloured rabbits and guinea pigs?

Inspired by the other threads I was thinking why like REWs and black, people don't want agouti coloured animals? I personally find it really odd. Both my guinea pigs are agoutis and personally I find them very pretty. Prettier in fact then some other coloured piggies (not of course that I judge by colour).

Pepsi is a silver/grey agouti and Milly is a white, cream and lemon agouti.

So anybody got any ideas why? :wave:

we don't have a problem rehoming agouti guinea pigs, we do find it harder to rehome plain agouti bunnies.

I didn't realise Agouti was 'brown' :oops:

From having my litter I would say when trying to rehome the last two to go were agouti's. People tend to go for the 'prettiest' it would seem.

For me it's all about personality and who I take to faster I guess :wave:

I think I've read a few rescues saying that black and agouti bunnies are the hardest to rehome. I have no idea why the black bunnies are, but the agoutis possibly because they look like wildies and seem more common? I love both so don't really know.

I love agoutis - then again I might be biased as my precious Harley is agouti but I chose her because I loved her colouring.

I probably wouldn't have chosen Sheldon's colouring though - it's just that he had to be taken from his horrible home and given a new one - and now I do love his colouring so have learned a valuable lesson there - a bunny is a bunny is a bunny regardless of what colour it is - and the same for guinea pigs. Poor things can't help what colour they are born with - they all deserve a loving home.

It's a bit like marmite - some like, some don't....strange really.

It's weird, as if I were to have bunnies again, I would absolutely love two agoutis. They look like 'proper' bunnies! :D

My dream piggy is a silver agouti. :love:

Back