• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got a video of how they give their rabbits nose rubs?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
When I give Doughnut them she doesn't seem bothered and seems to nudge my hand out the way with her nose. Then I sometimes get the half bounce round so I see her back. Just wondered if I could try a different technique! She did have a few the other day when I used the back of my finger but I just don't think she's keen. Would be nice to see a rabbit enjoying it and also rubbing the back of the ears, no interest again!

I don't have a video but I do it with like my whole palm over her face and quite firmly. Not so it hurts of course but she LOVES it and always does 'bunny purrs' :lol:

I'll give that a go. I do my thumb normally then I get a nudge but i think it's more of a get off nudge than give me more!

Oh that is such a lovely video. I want Mischa. Doughnut just doesn't sit still like that but going to try.

Oh that is such a lovely video. I want Mischa. Doughnut just doesn't sit still like that but going to try.

I want Mischa too :( Have you tried sitting on the floor with her? I would start with the forehead if she's not used to it, as if you go to stroke her cheek to start with she'll probably move away.

bisc will only let us do a few nose rubs but matt adores them. he especially loves when we use our nose to rub his nose, and positions himself so we are just above his nostrils. he has snuffles so i think this feels nice for him :love: sometimes he ever nods off he is that relaxed! :love:

Ah bless Scamp.

Doughnuts sleeping at the moment but since we are off to the vets again tomorrow I may try on my way back. It will either cheer her up or P her off more!

I bend my forefinger (as if I were doing a 'come hither' motion) and gently stroke up the nose. Alfie and Jessie love it when you grab their whole face and wiggle your fingers on their neck though :lol:

I wish mine would let me stroke them at all. If I try they give me the look "what do you think you're doing?"

Mine aren’t fond of nose rubs either, I assumed I was doing it wrong too as my had gets forcibly nudged out of the way! The only time I can get away with it is when they are feeling poorly! I have been persevering for ages and I can now get about 3-4rubs before they move away or nudge me out of the way!

Back