• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I get Spenser to exercise more ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... without giving him more food. :?

He is active in the morning, sometimes late at night ... but otherwise doesn't move much other than if his crunhie box is rattled or I open his biscuit bag. :oops:

... without giving him more food. :?

He is active in the morning, sometimes late at night ... but otherwise doesn't move much other than if his crunhie box is rattled or I open his biscuit bag. :oops:

Make him work for his food

Treat balls with his pellet ration in

Hide food in places he has to jump on to/down from

Hang a bundle of herbs up so he has to periscope to reach them

Put him in an unfamiliar room, curiosity may get him hopping about

:D

Thank you. He does have treatballs, but is rather a lazy rabbit. I can give him more supervised time in other rooms though. :D

When Doughnut wasn't active I used to hand feed her her pellet ration. I would call her from the lounge into the conservatory, then give her her pellet. Shut the door so then she had go to all the way through the kitchen and hall back to the lounge. I did this a few times so she did lots of laps. Sometimes calling without a pellet! I feel a bit mean now though as I guess she wasn't as active as she wasn't feeling very well!

I don't think Ludo and Spenser are the same species you know, we seem to have opposite problems with them :lol:

I don't think Ludo and Spenser are the same species you know, we seem to have opposite problems with them :lol:

I always smile when you post Hersperus. I always think Ludo could be a stuffed animal especially in the photo on the right. His little face is so cute.

Sounds just like Mr B. In the morning he is active but the rest of the day he is lazy. I try to encourage him to come into the living room now and follow me around.

He has a new a naughty habit now. :shock: I have to show you a photo.

Step aerobics, teach him to climb the stairs :D

* accompanied by the music 'Things can only get better'*!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weight bearing exercises.............carry his own bowl to fetch his food.

Sorry Susie.....I shouldn't make light of his Lordship's predicament.

He could always jog on down here to meet Estelle!!!!!!!:love::love:

Alvin's lazy too. Although I did wake up with him running around the kitchen and making a lot of noise, so much I thought I was being burgled! The door stop was pinging with him rushing past it. :lol:

No No Spenser, biting is for naughty bunnies and you are so gorgeous it wouldnt be becoming..

Fee xxxx

Spenser is about 3 or 4 now right?

He's in his 'slow' time now anyway, so i wouldnt expect him to be a spring chick so to speak :)

Biscuit's slowed right down in the past 6 months. He spends most of his day asleep. He's fair active between 5am and 9am, but after that, its sleep until ~6pm unless i rattle the pellets, or move near them. Obviously, their crepuscular habits mean they are quiet while we are awake.

Ginger defies all rabbit laws and does what she wants, when she wants.

Biscuit is currently fur puddled next to the litter tray, Ginger's curled up on my lap like a cat (this is something new for her, but shes doing it a lot since she's been poorly).

Spenser is about 3 or 4 now right?

He's in his 'slow' time now anyway, so i wouldnt expect him to be a spring chick so to speak :)

Biscuit's slowed right down in the past 6 months. He spends most of his day asleep. He's fair active between 5am and 9am, but after that, its sleep until ~6pm unless i rattle the pellets, or move near them. Obviously, their crepuscular habits mean they are quiet while we are awake.

Ginger defies all rabbit laws and does what she wants, when she wants.

Biscuit is currently fur puddled next to the litter tray, Ginger's curled up on my lap like a cat (this is something new for her, but shes doing it a lot since she's been poorly).

Yes, he is between 3 and 4 years old, probably born autumn 2009.

The vet considers him to be a bit on the heavy side. Not drastically, but he could do with losing a bit, and certainly not with putting any on.

Back