• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice no idea what to do next.

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
I tried bonding my three rabbits together. Two neutured males already bonded and my spayed female Belle.

All was going well. Brownie the dominant bun had excepted her and was grooming her. They were together for just over a day and last night it all went very wrong.

I slept downstairs with them so i could keep an eye. I was woken by banging. Buster had decided to start up chasing and nipping at her. Brownie then started on Buster. At this point i have three rabbits running in all directions in the pen. It all calmed down again. Then Buster went back for Belle. He went in full throttle. He bit her and i knew it was hard as Belle let out a cry (she has a small wound which needed glueing). I then went to grab Belle out of the corner as he was coming for her again and got bitten myself.

I shouted for my dh as you can imagine the scene. My hands bleeding, Belles Bleeding and its a right comotion. We put Belle in a carrier ready to go to the vets. I just slapped a plaster on my hand and rushed to get Belle checked. We kept the boys in the pen over night so i could make sure they were still alright with each other. They were snuggled up in minutes alseep with no issues.

Now i don't know what to do about Belle. I don't think Buster wants to share his friend. I have spoken to my landlord and he's agreed to allow her to stay indoors until easter. He orginally wanted her outside asap which is why i tried bonding them. That way she would have two furry friends to keep her warm.

Now i am stuck as she can't go with the boys and she can't stay indoors. Moving house so she can come indoors is not something we can do. I can stretch the funds to get a friend for her but don't think i can go through the bonding again as it broke my heart seeing Belle so scared.

Sorry i'm tried and emotional and can't see a way that is in the best interests of all my bunnys.

I don't have much experience in bonding as my pair were very easy, but bumping this up for more knowledgeable people to see and hopefully advise you on :wave:

Please don't give up so soon.:wave:
I can only tell you how I have been doing my group bondings:
I place the new bunny in a crate in the same room as the group. After a week or so, I let the new bunny come out in the room. I stay in the room with a broom so I can separate them if a fight ensues without getting bitten myself. I would not give up just because of a fight. If you intervene quickly enough, nobody gets hurt. It can take more than a month to bond this way and I know that some people may disagree with my method, but it has always worked for me with no casualties so far.
Please take a look at this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?317003-Do-you-want-to-bond-a-trio-Read-this-first

Sorry I've no experience in bonding a trio, but have a look at the thread regarding bonding trios that has already been brought to you attention.

Best of luck.

Oooooooh no... Hugs... I've been having the same issues with me bonded duo of boys and their wifey... The boys have been chasing and chasing ... The bunnies are being reBonded as we speak..

I feel your pain and hope all goes ok.... Reckon its the weather and their hormones!!!!!

Best of luck
Fee xxxxx

Thank you for the replies.

Just read the thread which is full of information. I am now of the thinking that the boys maybe were not the right choice to bond with her due to personalities.

Hhmm has given me a lot to think about.

Back