• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inca is ill :(

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Came home and she never came out to see me. Then she never came out for her veg. I got her out from under the sofa and tried to get her to take her Metacam in a sugar snap pea, which she usually goes mad for, but nope, refused. Tried her with all sorts and eventually managed to get her to eat a tiny amount of Pro-Fibre Pellets.

I also managed to get her Metacam into her by putting it on Bread and she ate that.

She has nibbled two strands of hay.

I have just given her some fibreplex.

She is usually a wee gannet so I am worried.

Poos all OK, but tummy bloated. Think its her bladder / a pee issue again

She may have a UTI/sludge

Has she wee'd OK today ?

Hope she will feel better soon xx

Nope, she usually is wet cos she kinda pees herself a bit but she was dry as a bone. She was like this a few months ago.

I know what to do to help her pee, so I just picked her up and she peed a good bit over the towel. Then I sat her back in the litter tray and she is eating a wee bit of hay.

I think her UTI has flared up again and she is sore below when she needs to pee, and now that it has been relieved a bit she is eating hay again.

Vet visit tomorrow.

Sending lots of vibes for her. It's good you've been able to get her more comfortable in the meantime.

Nope, she usually is wet cos she kinda pees herself a bit but she was dry as a bone. She was like this a few months ago.

I know what to do to help her pee, so I just picked her up and she peed a good bit over the towel. Then I sat her back in the litter tray and she is eating a wee bit of hay.

I think her UTI has flared up again and she is sore below when she needs to pee, and now that it has been relieved a bit she is eating hay again.

Vet visit tomorrow.

Sounds very much like a UTI/Cystitis

Hopefully a course of abx will sort it out xx

Managed to get her to do a pee again and she has ate a wee drop more.

Still 100% taking her to the vets, she deffo needs some antibiotics.

Thanks for all the vibes....seems like they worked and got her to pee & eat :)

Back