• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone used rabbithutchesstore.co.uk?

Charmednm

Mama Doe
Found theeee perfect hutch for pops on it, great size sturdy looking and an okay price (would prefer it cheaper haha)

Just wondering if anyone has used the site?

Are their hutches good?

I don't think I'd want to buy a hutch from anywhere that describes a 1ft high hutch as "Deluxe" :(

I think a lot of the hutches are the same as the ones that you get at P@H as well, and they seem more expensive :(

What is the hutch you are looking at? Even the 6ft ones are just singles on legs, would need a runaround set up to connect to a run, a coop style which they shouldn't be putting as 6ft because that is the whole thing, the inside bit would be small and the Wards one is the same one from p@h.

Personally I wouldn't buy from them because all of the hutches they are selling you can find bigger/better quality for cheaper/the same price.

Not sure if they delivery to Scotland or if it's just the Highlands they don't, would have to email them.

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/rabbit-hutch-and-run-combinations/71

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/rabbit-hutch-and-run-combinations/74

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/single-storey-rabbit-hutches/22

Same company -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-Rabbi...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item519f5a0dea

Last edited:
Sorry this thread ran away from me and it was a double 5ft hutch i was looking at, Poppy has been a hutch the same size for nearly two years and she is fine.

She has room to hop, binky and lie flat in the shade and sun, she loves leaping up and down between the levels (she chewed up her ramp ages ago but loves to leap without it) she also get outs of the hutch in an additional run. She is a happy healthy (vet checked healthy bun)

I would go for the biggest hutch you can afford or if you have space get a shed. I suppose it depends how much time she has out the hutch its not too bad being in a smaller hutch just during the night but to be stuck in one most of the day and night she must get a bit bored. Maybe that's why she ate the ramp!

I have a budget of about £130ish and thats to get the hutch and 'do it up' ive found a hutch the same size as hers for £100. When i buy it im going to line the bottom with lino and the bit at the top where her hay goes with lino. I already have a 'rainproof' cover that cost a bomb for the size of hutch she has over time i am going to but the aluminium bubble wrap type stuff to put under the cover over the hutch during the winter. I live with my mum and neither of us make much the money i have saved up now (£120) was my tips from work that i accumulated in a year! and poppy needs the hutch asap! I know that i have a happy healthy bunny which is more can be said for every bunny whos owner doesnt know any better

Ahh, I didn't see any 5ft ones, have you got the link? Just to look at the quality :)

She's got a run on her hutch at the moment anyway hasn't she? So that's coooool :) lino is a good idea though, it makes it sooooo much easier to clean up after messy bunnies :lol:

No she doesnt anymore i used to do that but one day she managed to wriggle her self between the run and the hutch and get free so even if i had a it tight up against the hutch id still be para so she get carted like a queen to her run and back :lol:

Im going to get her this,

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/summ...rples-n-grant-(available-in-store-only)-38775

i know boo p@h but its what she had now and now that im more educated on hutch care i know what to do to preserve it

Last edited:
No she doesnt anymore i used to do that but one day she managed to wriggle her self between the run and the hutch and get free so even if i had a it tight up against the hutch id still be para so she get carted like a queen to her run and back :lol:

Im going to get her this,

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/summ...rples-n-grant-(available-in-store-only)-38775

i know boo p@h but its what she had now and now that im more educated on hutch care i know what to do to preserve it

Just thought I'd let you know that the reviews on this hutch are really bad... the quality is awful (I have it myself) and the bottom fell out of the hutch about a month after I got it, even though I kept it weather proofed and covered the floors with lino. The bolts are also AWFUL and I had to replace them all. The wood is very bad quality as well and is really prone to damp even with a rain cover on it.

PS after the bottom fell out of my hutch, I emailed customer services and the lady admitted that it happens to a lot of people with this hutch, I don't know why they still even sell it it's so pants!

Just thought I'd let you know that the reviews on this hutch are really bad... the quality is awful (I have it myself) and the bottom fell out of the hutch about a month after I got it, even though I kept it weather proofed and covered the floors with lino. The bolts are also AWFUL and I had to replace them all. The wood is very bad quality as well and is really prone to damp even with a rain cover on it.

PS after the bottom fell out of my hutch, I emailed customer services and the lady admitted that it happens to a lot of people with this hutch, I don't know why they still even sell it it's so pants!

Ive got wood ready to put on to the bottom of it :thumb:

After reading the thread I don't think I'd be happy putting any animal in a hutch so badly constructed that I had to reinforce the floor before even using it. If its so badly constructed I'd be happy to put money on the fact that it'll start falling apart within a year and that most importantly, it would not be predator proof x

I agree that the pets at home ones are a bit flimsy the one I have for my foster buns the roof caved in! Have you looked on ebay for second hand ones to make it a bit cheaper? What are are you in?

Back