• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this a happy housebun

bunkin

Warren Veteran
I have posted in health about buns stomach trouble yesterday and he is eating and drinking etc etc okay today. We have decided he is now going to be a housebun and he seems so happy today ( he was a housebun for first two years of his life).
He has commandeered the rug and for the first time ever he is flopping down and even laying on his back with his legs in the air like a cat or dog!! Below is the first flop he did. I am still a bit paranoid that he is going to be ill again or is not recovered but he is eating like a good one so fingers crossed.

He had never done these flops and falling asleep that we have seen outside so can only hope that he feels safe now indoors. These flops are totally different to the stretching out he does when he has tummy ache as those are accompanied by trembling and refusal to eat or drink.

Anyway picture below, can other housebun owners tell me if this is normal behaviour?
IMG_0386small-1.jpg

I have just gone back into the sitting room and one rabbit is flat out on rug with white tummy in the air fast asleep and one husband flat out fast asleep in the chair next to rabbit!!!

Awww - it is lovely seeing them like that - all relaxed and contented. I love it when ours do that...you can just see the contentment on their faces....:love:

Yep! :love: Nora flops and rolls on her back when she's especially happy and Stephen flops out next to her. That's one contented little bun!

Looks like a housebun in the afternoon to me... nap time! (i.e. the one time of day they're not up to something!)

I went on youtube and looked up dead bunny flops and that is exactly what he is doing - so first time in the two and half years we have had him that he has done happy flops:thumb:

He has used his litter tray as well in his first day as a housebun:thumb:

Husband and I are both out tonight so we are going to be brave and leave bun out in the sitting room as it would be great to be able to leave him free when we go out. We may come back to missing chair legs or non lighting table lamps but we will take the chance;)

Aaaah, what a lovely picture! He looks so happy and relaxed. Yup, mine do that too. Here are Ginger and Hettie chilling out in the corner by their house:

GingerandHettiechilling2_zps72bbfcb8.jpg

Back