• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my empty outdoor setup is staring at me

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
:shock::lol: I feel like it neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds filling :lol: wonder what my parents think of fosters :lol:

Anyone else get like this with an empty cage/pen?

It's very tempting, yes. :oops: We have an empty hamster cage at the moment and I've hidden it at the back of the shed in the hope that we'll all forget it's there...... :lol::lol:

I am the same since the babies were rehomed- I am considering fostering but i'm not holding my breathe with my mom giving me the all clear :lol:

I had to move old hammy cages into the loft, I can't see them so they don't exist :lol: yeah I won't hold my breath either but my parents are both suckers for a sob story :lol:

I have just mentioned to my mom, she thought it was an interesting idea :shock:

I thought she would have straight up said no, so I might run the idea past SOAD as she is local to me if she ever needs any help fostering :thumb:

ooo :D sounds positive! I used to foster cats and only stopped due to issues with other fosterers but my parents were supportive and loved the cats :lol:

I've got an empty guinea pig shed outside, but actually I quite like not having to go outside at all in winter :D

My bun is away at present bonding with a new partner. I went in the bunny shed for some hay for the piggies and was expecting to see her there :lol: It'll only be empty for a few more days. If it was for good, I'd be scanning the rehoming section :D It is so strange not having bunnies around

Do fosterers usually get some sort of funding or take of the animals like they are your own?

when I fostered cats all I funded was petrol,toys, beds, litter trays, food and litter was supplied, as were medical bills. I was just an extension of the rescue so they funded all the normal stuff (they got discounts on most due to being a rescue so was cheaper for them to pay for it) :) I bulk buy my rabbit food, hay and straw though so all I'd be bothered about for foster buns is the vet bills :)

Back