• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

40 Rabbits needing rescue spaces within the next 2 weeks in Bristol.

So, we have some rabbits needing rescue spaces in the next two weeks, the short story is a lady in Bristol has been taking in rabbits and some have had litters which she has kept as well.

One of her family members called the RSPCA as there were too many, she has 120 ish. They are too overcrowded at the moment so the RSPCA have said if she can rehome 40 then Tracey at Yate Animal Rescue will monitor her. Tracey has good communication with her and the lady is happy for any help, she is also very grateful as she knows things are out of hand.
Bad side of things is the buns have been fed goat mix, Tracey has already taken 10 buns who had bad teeth problems. So please be aware. If anyone can offer rescue spaces I would be very grateful. We can then put another plea out for transport.
I have put a plea out on facebook on my personal profile, so please dont think its 80 buns!!! it is 40

Oh dear thats awful, hope you get something sorted.

Tracy is lovely, we adopted our Guinea Pigs from her.

Oh my goodness. :(

I would be more than willing to help with transport runs if any need to go northwards. I'm north Notts. I can do overnight stay/s for one or two nights if needed.

If you could get some to Swanley I'm sure my rescue that I help out with would take some, they just don't have transport.

I would be happy to help with transport if possible, and/or short stay foster until places are found for them. I am redoing my garden so don't really have a setup for longterm (since accidentally adopting my last foster...) but would be happy to hold any for a short while.

Am I getting a sense of Déjà vu about this

I feel sure I have heard this exact story before, a couple of years ago maybe :?

Why has she been allowed to keep so many? We had a similar situation a few years ago with rescuing horses, I think the woman was allowed to keep 60 and within 3 years the situation was almost the same again, worse with rabbits they breed faster. I hope the remaining ones are being neutered. I wish I still had my old rabbit hutch then I could have helped but I donated it to my mums hens

Yes the rescue cpayne helps with and that I have helped before
Second Chance Animal Rescue in Crockenhill, if you give them a google or facebook search give John a call, if he has space he will offer them rescue places, but he will need help with transport, I know he has a few people that do runs for him, but not sure how far they will be able to go, so maybe a meet in the middle type of run?

The only welfare issue here is incorrect diet and slight overcrowding. People can have as many pets as they wish, normally you stop at a manageable amount but some people (and Im not saying that this is the case but some people cant help keep taking in unwanted animals...in this case the lady is going to be monitored by Tracey......ie: visits to check the numbers are not going to get out of hand)

Sounds like she was just trying to do the right thing by taking in bunnies and it has gotten out of hand! Sorry I can't help as I'm miles away but hope you manage to get the little darlings rehomed xx

I am able to do some bunny transport and possible overnight accommodation. I am in Leeds and have a big estate car and access to a van

Did this get sorted?

I emailed Tracy as have a couple of hutches coming free if she could make use of them, but had not reply yet so assuming she's crazy busy with all this going on.

Back