• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit care and money issues!!

XxLeanne

Warren Scout
I havnt posted in a while maint because things are pretty poop at the moment lol

I have no job still (interviews but no offers which is even more frustrating :( ) which obviously means I have no money!

Joeys run is no longer usable, maybe fixable but I can't afford it. So it breaks my heart but he is mostly in his playhouse, with a few hours in a seperated metal run which I don't think it very fox proof :/

Elvis eye has started watering leaving a matter fur under his cheeks, he is a dental bun, I'm assuming who needs his teeth doing very soon as this was the first sign last time :(

Joeys playhouse which isn't too old is also leaking water, leaving a puddle in the corner, I can't afford to fix the damn thing! (Unless anyone knows of anything cheap I could do although I'm pretty sure it's coming in from the panels of the playhouse or maybe the roof)

Does anyone know if the RSPCA can help someone on contribution based JSA? Or is it just the JSA were people havnt payed enough tax and get everything else for free?

I never ever ever thought I'd say I'm struggling to afford care for my animals but I am. (Never without food or water or hay though, I am able to afford that and if not my mum buys me it, although they are now on a very crappy food from co-op £1 a bag :( )

I've been told to rehome one, never done that before, don't want to.

re the vet - see if you can get credit terms & pay monthly - I've done this before.

re the roof - a cheap shower curtain fastened over it? I had a leaky hutch once & while my new one was on order, I used an old horse rug - it was thick & waterproof & stopped the leak until payday:lol:

Back