• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnys in pet shops that don't get sold.

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
What happens to them ??:(
(Just to note I don't want this conversation to get into an argument, it's just a general question:) )

sent back to the breeders eventually I guess. That said I've seen some fairly "old" stock in the adoption section, maybe they live out back and rotate them

sent back to the breeders eventually I guess. That said I've seen some fairly "old" stock in the adoption section, maybe they live out back and rotate them
Because when I went in a pet shop to get jack ( I didn't know any better then ) there was a gorgeous lop, we didn't get him. When I went back a couple of months later he was still there :(

Because when I went in a pet shop to get jack ( I didn't know any better then ) there was a gorgeous lop, we didn't get him. When I went back a couple of months later he was still there :(

I think they rotate them (I know they keep sick animals and new stock back there) and send them back to the breeder at last resort, if the breeder will take them

Donno about the smaller petshops, quite likely they'll send them back to the "breeders" to swap for some babies, or will just discount them heavily to get rid.

P@H just moves them to adoption or to another store's adoption.

Back