• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray on shelf ?? Help!

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
Well my rabbits have two litter trays in their shed on the floor but they also have a shelf. They poo on the shelf like nobody's business, all my attempts they won't stop:? My solution was put a litter tray up there. I'm just scared one of them is going to knock it if and hurt the other or break the litter tray, make a huge mess, scare the living day lights out them if they were to knock it off etc etc. What should I do:? Any thought, any ideas are welcome.:D
Thankyou.:)

I use bricks to keep my pairs litter tray in place, otherwise it ends up in the middle of the shed. I have 3 bricks keeping it where it is and they can't move it an inch.

I had a litter tray on a shelf . As long as its a decent size /weight it should be fine . If you're worried you could stick some rubber grips on - either strips or dots depending on what you can find ! Alternatively you could weight it with with a brick

Woody does this as well! I put him a nice fleece blanket on the shelf and he poos all over it :lol: I thought of a litter box, i might try one. :thumb:

Could you make a box out of ply for the tray to sit in, then screw the box to the shelf? That's probably the best way of making sure it stays put while allowing you to easily take it out when you need to.

Could you make a box out of ply for the tray to sit in, then screw the box to the shelf? That's probably the best way of making sure it stays put while allowing you to easily take it out when you need to.

Im stealing this idea! Thank you :lol:

Back