• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you buy a RU calendar even if your rabbit wasn't in it?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I thought a calendar with our rabbits in it would be fun. Apparently it used to be done but now rescues do their own.

I was wondering if it would be a good money spinner for a rescue to also do a calendar for us. I know everyone would buy the calendar if their little bun was in it and probably more than one, just wondered if they would also buy it if they weren't in it.

I don't work for a rescue but just thought if they were already producing a calendar how much would it cost to produce another one and how much would they have to charge to make a profit. Just thought I would put it out there since I know rescues are struggling, but obviously I have no clue as to costs of doing this.

With my clients' consent, I use photos of boarding bunnies to make a calender. I use vistaprint and so far the quality has been fab.

Some calenders are used as Christmas presents and others are sold and the money goes to Windwhistle Warren.

In my experience bunny loving people will happily buy a bunny calender even if it doesn't feature their own bunny.

Bunnies are bunnies..................all adorable......well IMO!!!:thumb::love::love:

My avatar is c/o a certain bunny loving celeb. With their agreement, I can use it and have made a donation to WW.

Last edited:
I think I would prefer a calendar with pictures of rescue rabbits, say a different rescue for each month?

Forgot to mention, many of the boarders are ex- rescue bunnies.:thumb::thumb:

Some from Fat Fluffs, Windwhistle, RSPCA, some rescued from horrendous conditions by their current owners...........:D:D:D:D

Forgot to mention, many of the boarders are ex- rescue bunnies.:thumb::thumb:

Some from Fat Fluffs, Windwhistle, RSPCA, some rescued from horrendous conditions by their current owners...........:D:D:D:D

Sorry, I meant more like feature a rescue each month rather than happily rehomed rabbits.

Bubbles was in the RU calendar one year. :love: I think it used to be all photos of ex-rescue bunnies if I remember rightly.

I don't buy calendars normally but if Alvin, Ginger, Bear or a bunny I knew was in there, then I would.

Pledge a Pound do calendars. I personally find that I don't really want to buy it unless my bunny is in it.

However a good idea is the collage type ones so could have everyones bunny on there (if possible as there are so many!)

No, I wouldn't, sorry.

But I did reply on the other thread about calendars. On another forum we did, there were too many pets to have one pet per page, it wouldn't have been fair, so we did like a collage design on each page with bunnies names and their owners user names. That meant we got over 80 pets on the calendar, and everyone was happy. Every person on the forum bought one because everyone had at least one pet on it. I still have mine up now :) it was 2009 I think.

If you ask people to get photos of their bunnies in their pairs/groups etc, it also means one photo rather than several. Like I'd have 2 photos, instead of five single bunny photos.

I would buy one if it was a collage design.

i like the pledge a pound calendars as they benefit a number of rescues with the money raised, they are lovely quality too :love: had one fore last few years now

What a silly question... everyone knows Ludo would be on the front cover and the photo for at least 10 of the months! (He's not fond of January or February he said somebun else can have them).

Anyway, I would buy it as long as it was reasonably priced and the buns were cute. So, lots of Ludo-standard buns ;)

What a silly question... everyone knows Ludo would be on the front cover and the photo for at least 10 of the months! (He's not fond of January or February he said somebun else can have them).

Anyway, I would buy it as long as it was reasonably priced and the buns were cute. So, lots of Ludo-standard buns ;)

I would buy it if Ludo was in it too:D

Back