• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ginger :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Can everyone send some positive vibes for her please.

Its my fault she's sick - i should of seen this coming.

I moved them into the spare room while i decorated my office, they had their old dog crate (never washed so smells of them) and a 4x4 pen. They appeared fine, but Ginger didnt like being enclosed, more so than Biscuit which is unusual.

Brought them back in a week later, and couldnt have Ginger vaccinated as planned, as she presented with signs of her respiratory condition flaring.

Thought she may be able to fight it herself, but no :(

Her nose is streaming, to the point its getting to her mouth. Her eyes are a mess, streaming also.

Main sign for me though, is that she's started chomping on her fecal output - a sure fire sign she's struggling, quite badly.

We saw the vet saturday and we're ordering in azithromycin, the only abx thats ever helped at all to try and hit it hard.

She's bright enough, but notably quiet.

This weekend has been particularly bad, with piles and piles of half chewed fecal poops EVERYWHERE.

She's well overdue a dental, but isn't presenting ANY signs of needing one - although if she continues to feel rough, i know where this leads...

Feeling a bit dispondant today now :(

Dont be hard on yourself hun, you are doing your best you have a lot on and you have recognised the issue and addressed it.

*hug*

Vibes for Ginger and all of you

Vibes coming your way for Ginger. Hope she feels better soon once the meds kick in.

Loads of vibes for Ginger :(

Don't be too hard on yourself either, you're doing everything you can for Ginger and that in itself is amazing, you care for her indescribably well with so much dedication and effort. She is SO lucky to have you, please don't blame yourself for this!

Oh no not gorgeous Ginger, she's been doing so well recently.

Don't blame yourself, as said above you are doing all you can. She is well loved and cared for. I really hope she gets better soon.

I've felt despondent quite a lot but then Doughnut picks up and I feel better again. It's difficult when you have a bunny with an illness, but hopefully this is just a little blip and she will be on the road to recovery soon. At least you have found what works for her. Lots of hugs to you both.

Vibes for ginger! I hope she feels better soon and can enjoy herself in your wonderful office set up x

Don't feel bad Gray, you thought very carefully when you decided to vaccinate her and your vet agreed to do it so must of been happy with her health too.

Lots of vibes she gets better soon. ((HUGS))

Back