• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this hutch.

I'd never buy a P@H hutch if it was for out door rabbits, they're flimsy and badly made. Mine started to collapse after just over a year of use

Poop. My garden is a ridiculous shape and I'm having issues with my lovely big hutch.

I think P@H hutches are very expensive for what they are (we built a shed, 2 runs and a 2 tier hutch for less money in materials than that)

I also think (like the above post) that they are flimsy, you only have to look at the hutches that they put outside the shop, most I have seen are falling apart (and they aren't occupied)

3 out of 4 of the reviews confirm how poorly made they are. I'd rather pay extra for a well made product from elsewhere, or buy a shed instead!

Rocky had a two story P@H hutch ( it was donated to us) He ate it in a matter of months and that was with painful tooth roots!

And its from P@H. Nuff said.

SOrry to hear you are having issues with your gorgeous hutch Jen :( whats up with it?

:lol: I guess it's a no then. I'm going to see if I can make my awesome one fit where I want it. If I can the roof will need to be cut down and refelted and it will either need legs or the floor will need to be leveled out.

Don't buy from p@h i have one i bought in september and its falling apart already and had mould and fungus growing in it despite being covered.

Dd1's rabbit has one thats been indoors but Belle has still managed to distroy it. The bedding section partition fell off in a matter of days.

Never buying one from there again.

Mine have lasted pretty well, the oldest is about 5 years old, but I agree they are soft wood and definately not ideal for chewers. Mine are also kept inside a unused garage though so out of the elements, the ones I had outside didn't weather very well. A 6ft happy hutch is similar in price (if its just the hutch you are after) and is much better quality - My outside hutch is a happy hutch.

You've probably got the hint but P@H hutches are rubbish. I had that one for the guineas and it was just too flimsy and made such an annoying noise in the wind.

I'm spoilt though as I have two Ryedales now :love:

As a side note, have I spelt spoilt wrong? My mac's telling me that I've spelt "spelt" and "spoilt" wrong? Is all the medication I'm taking for my head and cold sending me loopy? :shock:

I have one that is very similar from PAH and it has been outside for about 3 years and still going strong :) well, we have had to strengthen one of the legs as somebun decided to chew through most of it :roll:

Having said that, I am sure there are better value for money ones that are more sturdy out there that would last longer. I think they can be a bit hit and miss as to quality.

How about something like this 6ft one from this site?
http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/

It is a bit more but looks sturdy and good quality!

Last edited:
You've probably got the hint but P@H hutches are rubbish. I had that one for the guineas and it was just too flimsy and made such an annoying noise in the wind.

I'm spoilt though as I have two Ryedales now :love:

As a side note, have I spelt spoilt wrong? My mac's telling me that I've spelt "spelt" and "spoilt" wrong? Is all the medication I'm taking for my head and cold sending me loopy? :shock
:

No, they look right to me... although I have a cold too, so it could be the meds :lol:

I have one that is very similar from PAH and it has been outside for about 3 years and still going strong :) well, we have had to strengthen one of the legs as somebun decided to chew through most of it :roll:

Having said that, I am sure there are better value for money ones that are more sturdy out there that would last longer. I think they can be a bit hit and miss as to quality.

How about something like this 6ft one from this site?
http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/

It is a bit more but looks sturdy and good quality!
Thank you for the link, there's some really nice ones on there. I'll get measuring when I get home and hopefully I won't have to buy a new one anyway. :D

I have lots of P@H hutches, 2 x Primrose Cottages and 2 x Summer Lodges - they are fine as long as well covered - I have the Scratch and Newton covers with additional protection underneath and they are lasting really well. I also have lino inside. The only one I wouldn't recommend is the Daisy Cottage which was definitely flimsy. The one you have pictured is a fairly good quality one and should last well if you ensure it is well covered and check it every few months under the covers. I just managed to get an Orchard Manor off Ebay - WELL POSH - there's no bun to go in it but it looks fab haha lol x

I ALWAYS buy from the person that was Forsham Arks - now Granddad Rob Designs - pricey but incredibly well made and very helpful. He is rebuilding his business after the disaster of eglu buying it out from under him. The hutches and arks last forever

Back