• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saw something so sad today *warning upsetting*

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who don't know I'm in Bali currently with work.

Today we took the kids to a children's play area type thing, and they had a rabbit there for the kids to stroke.

It was in a tiny cage, about a foot squared with a wire floor and no shading. It was panting in the rediculous heat and had no water or hay :cry: It was also extremely thin.

I asked one of the people there to get it a cup of water and I picked it some grass, for what its worth, and wet my hand then stroked it's ears and head. The guy thought I wanted to play with it so grabbed it by the ears, at which point I involuntarily shouted "NO! DON'T EVER PICK IT UP BY THE EARS" To which the guy said "Oh sorry" :cry:

He spotted my rabbit tattoo and asked if I like rabbits, I told him I have 4 of my own. He said there was originally 4 rabbits there but all but that one had died and did I know why?! Where to start??

I told him it was probably a combination of being out in the glaring heat, lack of water, lack of hay and general stress. He said he couldn't get hay so I said to at least feed it grass.

To be honest though, I think the poor bun would be better off dead :cry::cry:

I've never been so upset, I left in tears, felt totally helpless and now can't stop thinking about the poor bun :cry:

As I left they were giving a small child some popcorn to feed it :cry:

Oh no..... thats horrible!!! hugs to the beautiful bunny.... is there no charity for animals there!...?

i cant bear to think about he wee soul....

hugs
fee xx

Thanks so much, I'm just going to contact them x

my dad's cousin lives in Bali and is/was a vet, I dont have much contact with him or know whereabouts he lives but if you need me to i can try and contact him and see if he would be wiling to help :thumb: poor bunny :( its so heartbreaking

my dad's cousin lives in Bali and is/was a vet, I dont have much contact with him or know whereabouts he lives but if you need me to i can try and contact him and see if he would be wiling to help :thumb: poor bunny :( its so heartbreaking

Really? That would be so kind, please do :)

I was going to say I would wait to hear back from BAWA first but to be honest I don't think this bun can wait :cry:

Back