• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What time do the bun go to bed?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
What time do you 'shut them up' as in covers down, go nigh nights etc

the outdor ones I like to get done before it goes dark! but atm crunchie is needes a heat pad so having to wait till late to make te heatpod last the night,

which is annoying cos im in bed by like 8-9, so have to wait up tll 10-11ish to go put the covers down, which is good for the quad outside, as I leave the in the run until then, so they are probably thankful for that ha

Last edited:
I go out last thing so if I fall asleep on the sofa it could be 1 or 2 am, mine are pretty relaxed about bedtime!

They don't, they're all inside. Harriet and Alfie are in a crate with a run attached, the run is secure so there's no need to shut them in. Jessie also has a crate but is free range. OH and I are terrible sleepers so she's not closed in either. When we're in a nice routine though, she'll get a run and will be confined to that at night.

We put ours to bed around 9.00-10.00pm, but it really depends on the weather and how cold it is. On a really cold night we will put the covers down on them earlier.

Our routine is to fed them their pellets, veggies/herbs, top up their hayracks and give them fresh warm water. Litter trays are changed if needed and they get their Snugglesafe heatpads if cold. We have last cuddles and kisses and then to bed. Their hutch is covered with tarpaulins and a blanket.

Depending on the weather, mine are tucked up in bed by about 10pm. If the weather is bad (windy/rainy/snowy) they are tucked up at sundown and then i go out last thing to make sure all are warm.

Mine are indoors. two have free range of a bedroom, the other 2 have free range of living room..so luckily I don't have to tuck them up for bed!

I shut my bedroom door when I go to sleep so anytime from about 10pm-1am. If I go to bed any earlier than that I leave it open for my parents to shut when they go to bed.

Ludo's indoors, so it's just a case of what time do I go to bed and turn off the light... so usually about midnight.

Last thing I do is always clean him out and put in fresh hay (damn I just remembered I left a lovely huge big bag of expensive hay in the car, what a twit :roll:) so he's usually happy rummaging around when I go to bed.

Actually, I lie, the last thing I do is pop in and say goodnight and love you but don't tell anyone that, I'm not an affectionate person to anyone else!!:oops:

Mine are in hutch/ run combos 24/7, but they get their supper(pellets and hay top up) around 11pm, when Salt also gets his snugglesafe.
I tell them all I love them as well :oops::D

Crikey your buns are all dirty stop outs:lol:
Mine get locked in around while they are eating their supper, then they get breakfast at 7 in the morning.
As soon as that is done I'm in my PJ's, at least that is the winter routine.

between 9.30 and 11.30, but sometimes it will take me longer if the weather is bad as they will be covered up, normally it's just feed, water and fresh handful of hay which takes me 10 mins tops!! Dee is indoors and she's in a run constantly so she doesn't get shut up at night :)

Im so glad ive seen this, the last 2 nights ive felt so bad for forgetting to put Woody in his hutch last night was 11. I wont feel so bad now :lol:

Bella is in the house so she just either takes herself off to the kitchen at some point or when we go which is between 10 an 11pm.

Crikey your buns are all dirty stop outs:lol:
Mine get locked in around while they are eating their supper, then they get breakfast at 7 in the morning.
As soon as that is done I'm in my PJ's, at least that is the winter routine.

You missed the most important part! Around when? :lol::lol::lol:

Lola goes to bed about 10 pm on week nights and gets woken about 05.30. Weekends 10pm to 12. And she wakes us about 6 am trying to get her feeder open! Or bangs on the door about 7.30. Wish she would learn about long lies. Lol. :lol:

Usually I go out to top up water and hay about 10, tonight it was a little earlier.. But I have made a momentous decision. Tonight I am allowing them access to their run overnight... Its a lovely night, cold but dry.. Its all covered in tarp and polythene.....

He has run access 24/7 but I give him his supper and don't go out again for the night somewhere between 4 and 6pm. That sounds early but I get up at about 4am and give him breakfast.

Back