• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female bun needed for bereaved male!

boyce buttons

Young Bun
Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, so forgive me if this is is the wrong place.

Yesterday we had to put Zippy our female half of a bonded pair to sleep. Boyce, our male bun, looks desperately sad without his mate. He was a housebun from 0-1 as a single bun and when we bonded him with Zippy they both moved outside, he is know coming up to 5 in July.

We are in the dilema of whether to get him a new friend, he is currently healthy and fit, and if we do get him a new bun when do we do it?
Which brings me to the second half of my question, does anyone know of any neutered females of Boyce's age that need rehoming (with bonding help!) in the Essex area. I have had a look on the search page and only 3 females are available with our requirements and none are suitable. I was looking in the re-homing forum but I am unable to post in this forum.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards
Mel

bumping this up for you- i know of a good rescue but sadly doesnt rehome too far afield- hopefully someone can help more:wave:

Hi,

Thanks for that, I did see Cookie - im just concerned she is a little big :oops:
Boyce is quite small - not really sure if that makes much difference!

Hi,

Thanks for that, I did see Cookie - im just concerned she is a little big :oops:
Boyce is quite small - not really sure if that makes much difference!

Kerry usually puts if they are giant//large so shes probably just medium sized and a little podgey :lol:
I have my New zealand giant in with one normal size bun and one small bun and they're all fine. But obviously if you dont want a larger bun its up to you! :)

ive seen a french lop with a little lop before lol and they were quite happy-its more about the rabbits personality is that your boy in the pic under your name? cute!

Back