• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan Question regarding exploratory tests

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all
My rabbit Noel hasn't been right and has had 3 episodes recently of being under the weather so I took him to the vet today. They are doing blood tests and he may need an x ray. He is insured. Basically I wondered if the insurance company will pay out even if they find nothing? Thank you :)

Whether they find anything or not should not be relevant to whether it is covered by insurance. If the symptoms require investigating and the tests are appropriate then insurance should cover it. I would think that the main criteria you need to cover is whether the vet considers the treatment/tests were necessary - if you've got that one covered then I wouldn't foresee any problems from your claim (in theory!).

I once put a claim in for about £200 for blood tests/x-rays for "extreme weight loss", I'm not sure what the vets filled in on their part of the form but I don't think we reached a particular diagnosis. Pet Plan paid without any fuss. I did wonder at the time if they would question it as he had dental problems but some of the findings suggested it was a liver/metabolism problem even if there wasn't a conclusive answer.

Back