• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Rosie Buttons is at the vets

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Her guts have been slow ever since she arrived but given the major change in her life I was hoping it was down to stress, so had given her a week to settle and then getting her a check up Tuesday.

But over night she left her pellets and only ate a part of her veg so she saw the vet this morning. I thought it might be a dental issue as she also never touches hay ( probably doesn't taste that good compared to chocolate buttons!) However the vet can find no obvious dental issue. She is still there having fluids and meds and we will carry on with them over the weekend. If she is no better Monday she is heading back to the vets for a GA to check her very back teeth :(

I feel so sorry for as she is probably wondering where on earth she is and what she has done wrong to have her family leave her here:cry: And now she has to cope with being unwell. She will be 10 years in October so I hope the upheaval hasn't been too much for her

Poor little mite. She may even have cavities or the equivalent in her back teeth if she's been fed on chocolate buttons :shock: At least you've picked up on it and are treating her though. Sending lots of vibes that she's on the mend quickly...

Poor little mite. She may even have cavities or the equivalent in her back teeth if she's been fed on chocolate buttons :shock: At least you've picked up on it and are treating her though. Sending lots of vibes that she's on the mend quickly...

Yeah I am wondering if 9 years of buttons have taken their toll on her system somewhere :? I have continued with them for now as didn't want to change anything else for her just yet, but I have no intention of carrying on with them long term

chocolate buttons??? :shock::shock::shock:

Oh my goodness will be thinking of her and sending vibes :love:

I went :shock: at chocolate buttons. Some owners are just clueless or just don't care. Poor little thing...really hope she gets better soon.

:shock:chocolate buttons? As in cadbury (other human chocolate buttons are available)???
Is that all she was fed? Blimey poor thing, nothing will taste quite as good as chocolate, all that sugar! Poor girl. I hope she is ok. Sending some vibes her way.
I'll be surprised to hear it isn't her teeth, chocolate isn't good for anyones teeth and doesn't have the toughness the buns need. Aww poor girlie :(

:shock:chocolate buttons? As in cadbury (other human chocolate buttons are available)???
Is that all she was fed? Blimey poor thing, nothing will taste quite as good as chocolate, all that sugar! Poor girl. I hope she is ok. Sending some vibes her way.
I'll be surprised to hear it isn't her teeth, chocolate isn't good for anyones teeth and doesn't have the toughness the buns need. Aww poor girlie :(

I think she was just given one a day as a treat, by her previous owners.

I'm so sorry she's poorly, poor little girl :cry: it is an awful lot to have to deal with at her age :cry: sending tons of vibes in Rosie's direction xxx

Really hope Lady Rose Buttons is alright. So sad for her to be in new surroundings after 9 years. I expect she is partly depressed too. Poor girl, I hope there is some positive news.

poor thing, it wouldn't surprise me if the amount of sugar has upset the balance of her gut flora or something even worse :( hopefully she's ok

Ooh no..... Poor wee pet. I hope she recovers.. What a stupid, stupid thng to do to feed her buttons...

Come on Rosie, get well soon :love:

Fee xxx

Ooh no..... Poor wee pet. I hope she recovers.. What a stupid, stupid thng to do to feed her buttons...

Come on Rosie, get well soon :love:

Fee xxx

I know, but in their defense they thought they were doing something nice for her. I have met much worse owners, they neutered her, vaccinated her, got her a dental and treatment for arthritis, plus they did have a basic knowledge of common health issues.

the button thing came about when she was a baby and her son was young. he accidentally dropped a button under the sofa, Rosie found it and binkied round the room with it and was so excited to have it that after that she got one every day as it made her so happy. I guess 9 years ago that was more acceptable than it is now and there is also now a much better range of healthy treats available which I doubt they are aware of.

I have been in constant contact with her owners today and they are so worried about her. but it does turn out she has done tiny poos for as long as they could remember and that she has never eaten hay ( probably too full of buttons :roll: ) so it is possible there has been something underlying for a while and the stress of a big move has made it worse :?

Back