PDA

View Full Version : Lady Rosie Buttons is at the vets



Hugo's There
23-02-2013, 11:37 AM
:(

Her guts have been slow ever since she arrived but given the major change in her life I was hoping it was down to stress, so had given her a week to settle and then getting her a check up Tuesday.

But over night she left her pellets and only ate a part of her veg so she saw the vet this morning. I thought it might be a dental issue as she also never touches hay ( probably doesn't taste that good compared to chocolate buttons!) However the vet can find no obvious dental issue. She is still there having fluids and meds and we will carry on with them over the weekend. If she is no better Monday she is heading back to the vets for a GA to check her very back teeth :(

I feel so sorry for as she is probably wondering where on earth she is and what she has done wrong to have her family leave her here:cry: And now she has to cope with being unwell. She will be 10 years in October so I hope the upheaval hasn't been too much for her

Tinsel
23-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Poor little mite. She may even have cavities or the equivalent in her back teeth if she's been fed on chocolate buttons :shock: At least you've picked up on it and are treating her though. Sending lots of vibes that she's on the mend quickly...

Hugo's There
23-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Poor little mite. She may even have cavities or the equivalent in her back teeth if she's been fed on chocolate buttons :shock: At least you've picked up on it and are treating her though. Sending lots of vibes that she's on the mend quickly...

Yeah I am wondering if 9 years of buttons have taken their toll on her system somewhere :? I have continued with them for now as didn't want to change anything else for her just yet, but I have no intention of carrying on with them long term

Lea-Anne
23-02-2013, 12:03 PM
chocolate buttons??? :shock::shock::shock:

Oh my goodness will be thinking of her and sending vibes :love:

susie bun
23-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Sending lots of vibes for her ladyship. xxx

fruitandnutcake
23-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I went :shock: at chocolate buttons. Some owners are just clueless or just don't care. Poor little thing...really hope she gets better soon.

hellsdarkrose
23-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Vibes for her

Neleh
23-02-2013, 01:14 PM
:shock:chocolate buttons? As in cadbury (other human chocolate buttons are available)???
Is that all she was fed? Blimey poor thing, nothing will taste quite as good as chocolate, all that sugar! Poor girl. I hope she is ok. Sending some vibes her way.
I'll be surprised to hear it isn't her teeth, chocolate isn't good for anyones teeth and doesn't have the toughness the buns need. Aww poor girlie :(

ripminnie
23-02-2013, 01:20 PM
:shock:chocolate buttons? As in cadbury (other human chocolate buttons are available)???
Is that all she was fed? Blimey poor thing, nothing will taste quite as good as chocolate, all that sugar! Poor girl. I hope she is ok. Sending some vibes her way.
I'll be surprised to hear it isn't her teeth, chocolate isn't good for anyones teeth and doesn't have the toughness the buns need. Aww poor girlie :(

I think she was just given one a day as a treat, by her previous owners.

ripminnie
23-02-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry she's poorly, poor little girl :cry: it is an awful lot to have to deal with at her age :cry: sending tons of vibes in Rosie's direction xxx

Bluesmum
23-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Poor little Lady :(

Really hope she picks up soon xx

susie bun
23-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Hoping she is a bit better this evening. xxx

Roly Poly
23-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Aw bless her, adding my vibes for the lovely lady xxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
23-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Really hope Lady Rose Buttons is alright. So sad for her to be in new surroundings after 9 years. I expect she is partly depressed too. Poor girl, I hope there is some positive news.

Georgeypudding
23-02-2013, 06:24 PM
poor thing, it wouldn't surprise me if the amount of sugar has upset the balance of her gut flora or something even worse :( hopefully she's ok

Hugo's There
23-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Thank you. She has had a nibble of veg same as overnight so no real improvement

Captain Helen
23-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Poor girl :cry: Hope she's feeling better soon xx

susie bun
23-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Thank you. She has had a nibble of veg same as overnight so no real improvement

Poor Lady Rosie, and such a worry for you. :( What pellet is she supposed to be eating?

Fee
23-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Ooh no..... Poor wee pet. I hope she recovers.. What a stupid, stupid thng to do to feed her buttons...

Come on Rosie, get well soon :love:

Fee xxx

Hugo's There
23-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Ooh no..... Poor wee pet. I hope she recovers.. What a stupid, stupid thng to do to feed her buttons...

Come on Rosie, get well soon :love:

Fee xxx


I know, but in their defense they thought they were doing something nice for her. I have met much worse owners, they neutered her, vaccinated her, got her a dental and treatment for arthritis, plus they did have a basic knowledge of common health issues.


the button thing came about when she was a baby and her son was young. he accidentally dropped a button under the sofa, Rosie found it and binkied round the room with it and was so excited to have it that after that she got one every day as it made her so happy. I guess 9 years ago that was more acceptable than it is now and there is also now a much better range of healthy treats available which I doubt they are aware of.

I have been in constant contact with her owners today and they are so worried about her. but it does turn out she has done tiny poos for as long as they could remember and that she has never eaten hay ( probably too full of buttons :roll: ) so it is possible there has been something underlying for a while and the stress of a big move has made it worse :?

MimzMum
23-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Oh the poor darling ((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))
Come on sweetie, feel better soon. There's so many of us here routing for you :love:

Fee
23-02-2013, 10:17 PM
good luck xxxxx

Hugo's There
24-02-2013, 10:04 PM
just a quick update. Lady Rosie is eating better but is still passing some liquid poo. I think we need to be getting a lot more fibre in to her. She did eat some profibre pellets today so that's a start x

Georgeypudding
24-02-2013, 10:14 PM
bless her :( at least something is going in and coming out

Fee
24-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Come on Rosie.. make more little button like poos for us !!!!!!! xxxxxxx

Tracy
24-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Glad to hear that she's eating and at least it's moving through.

Sending lots of 'perfect poo' vibes for Lady Rosie. xx

susie bun
24-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Keeping up vibes for Lady Rosie. xxx

Bluesmum
24-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Hope she is feeling better soon.xx

Alvins mummy
24-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Oh I'm glad to hear she is eating. Lots if vibes for Lady Rosie Buttons. Xx

Tinsel
24-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Hopefully the probiotics will help this precious litle lady... :thumb:

MimzMum
25-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Topping up healing vibes for Lady Rosie Buttons :love:

susie bun
25-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Hoping her ladyship is continuing to improve. :wave:

Hugo's There
25-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Hoping her ladyship is continuing to improve. :wave:

Thanks Susan. She definitely loves the profibre pellets :D and is also sitting more comfortably today. She was very dirty underneath again this morning but still slightly improved on yesterday :)

cpayne
25-02-2013, 01:41 PM
wow it's a surprise she's lived so long on that diet of hardly any hay. I always thought chocolate was toxic to rabbits. I guess not. Not that I would ever think to give Doughnut any. Like you say though she was well loved and the intention was good.

susie bun
25-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks Susan. She definitely loves the profibre pellets :D and is also sitting more comfortably today. She was very dirty underneath again this morning but still slightly improved on yesterday :)

Good news about the pro-fibre pellets. :thumb: Spenser is in the process of going off them, I think, but to be honest he doesn't really need them. :oops: