• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

desperate...bun of 5.5kg...male...needed for grieving frenchie doe

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
ive been on rabbit rehome and on here with rabbits needing homes.....also asked on facebook. Have hot confused which rescue i have and avent contacted.......one told me i was too far away which i understand compete,y....one is b,ind but somehow that part of the description got missed.....but good to knw why hes a chracter and will tell you off bless him. I hope they decided to keep him with sposorship money as they sound so in love with him and vice versa. thats got to be the worst of being a rescue or fosterer....wanting to keep uns espeially special needs ones that need the experienced owner.

in the meantime ive given bluebell a large soft toy dog for comfort.....but shes soooo lonely. If she didnt want to savage the cats theyd be snugglingwith her and washing her...like they do with merlin upstairs and hunnybunny in my room. Lily in my room will chase the cats f shes not in the mood for kitty company..other times i find cats stuck to her cleaning inside her ears etc!!

when bertie was alive he defended the cats all the time....baxter did too......and it was a case of wash and be washed. Bluebells always ad this hatred for cats more than i thought coud continue for so long as ive had her since nov 2010!

please please please....can anyone let me onow or a rescue has a bun just ome in or waiting to come in...anda bunrun to hampshire s considered ok....

Celia at Kirkby Pet Welfare has a large castrated male. I am in love with him, he's gorgeous. :love: He was castrated 3 weeks ago.

He's black and white, a bit like Herbie in my siggie, but he has uppy ears. He looks like a conti-cross, definitely not a pure conti but he's a big lad. Comparing him size-wise to my Bentley who is 7.5kg, I would guess that the black & white lad is around 6kg.

Two of them came in at the same time, almost identical. One of them has been paired with a frenchie girl (both still at the rescue), but the other one is still single at the moment.

Let me know if you want pics. I'm not due back at the rescue until next Friday, although if the weather is really bad tomorrow I may go as Celia will be on her own so will be struggling. Poly & Rob might be there on Sunday, so they may be able to take a pic if I don't end up going tomorrow.

I'm always willing to assist with a bunnyrun to get a bunny a good home. :D

I'm driving from chesterfield (derbyshire) to Gosport (not far from Debbie) on Thursday...so could help if need be :wave:

ETA: Hope you find someone soon...I know what a nightmare it can be when you're looking for somebun specific. Look at what I went through looking for a husbun for Maurice. Let me know if you need help transporting or going to visit anyone.

Last edited:
I'm driving from chesterfield (derbyshire) to Gosport (not far from Debbie) on Thursday...so could help if need be :wave:

ETA: Hope you find someone soon...I know what a nightmare it can be when you're looking for somebun specific. Look at what I went through looking for a husbun for Maurice. Let me know if you need help transporting or going to visit anyone.

I think you mean a husbun for Marnie :)

Jane's rabbit rescue in warwick added 2 boys today. Elvis and Onyx. I am fostering both. Lovely boys.

thank you so much....you havevall been there...thank you sooo much.

Tracy.this is the one weve got enamoured with...he has saddish eyes but so endearing!

http://www.kirkbypetwelfare.org/highlight.php?id=254

i hope he isnt the bonded one :(

Sam i know how hard it was for you to get a hubby for marnie.....or has her hubby got a secret!? pmsl.

Its a good job you never fell for baxter..or marnie would be in the same position as bluebell. oh wow..youd really help out that much!? That would be amazing!

alio71 i will have to ask more...but the big fella has captured nikki like baxter did...like merlin did...like bif did....and bluebell...and dazy-mae. And our Bandit and casper the bun with mutilated mouth....its odd how it grabs you...and if you have the chance to meet them..you come away from there with the bunny who chose you by washing you or going to sleep as a baby in your arms but wakes up or everyone else. Then its fall in love with pics! x

thank you so much....you havevall been there...thank you sooo much.

Tracy.this is the one weve got enamoured with...he has saddish eyes but so endearing!

http://www.kirkbypetwelfare.org/highlight.php?id=254

i hope he isnt the bonded one :(

Sam i know how hard it was for you to get a hubby for marnie.....or has her hubby got a secret!? pmsl.

Its a good job you never fell for baxter..or marnie would be in the same position as bluebell. oh wow..youd really help out that much!? That would be amazing!

alio71 i will have to ask more...but the big fella has captured nikki like baxter did...like merlin did...like bif did....and bluebell...and dazy-mae. And our Bandit and casper the bun with mutilated mouth....its odd how it grabs you...and if you have the chance to meet them..you come away from there with the bunny who chose you by washing you or going to sleep as a baby in your arms but wakes up or everyone else. Then its fall in love with pics! x

What a lovely bunny :love: I would love a giant continental!!!!

Going to Kirkby in a couple of hours. Will check is the bunny is still there and let you know. Would you like us to reserve him for you if he's still there? :wave:

I think you mean a husbun for Marnie :)

I did indeed.....just seem to have gotten confused :lol: I blame Rosie wittering :lol:

It's a 2 hour drive from kirkby to chesterfield...so if someone was happy to do that then I wouyld be more than happy to bring him the rest of the way down :wave:

Would have to check with my friends Mum hat she doesn't mind someone coming there. If she does then we'll have to meet at a service station or something I guess :?

Can't see there being any problems though.

How do you want to do carriers?

omg hope i havent missed you....YES PLEASE!

Hi Debbie

The bunny is still available. :D
Rob and I have talked to Celia, the lady who runs Kirkby pet welfare, about you. Would you like to give her a ring and then let me know of the outcome of your discussion? Her phone number is on my signature. :wave:

I did indeed.....just seem to have gotten confused :lol: I blame Rosie wittering :lol:

It's a 2 hour drive from kirkby to chesterfield...so if someone was happy to do that then I wouyld be more than happy to bring him the rest of the way down :wave:

Would have to check with my friends Mum hat she doesn't mind someone coming there. If she does then we'll have to meet at a service station or something I guess :?

You are so kind! :D I've pm'd you. :wave:

Just so you know ... from Kirkby-in-Ashfield to Chesterfield it's a max of 25 mins ;)
Even better than thought ;)

Sounds like it's all sorted but if any more help is needed for a bun run I am happy to help. Am working mostly nights now so have some days completely free and other afternoons free (once I wake up).

Back