• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Knew something was wrong

whitehood

Warren Veteran
L went to the vets at the end of last year, I was told his teeth were slightly long and could wait for a dental until May when he was due for his vacc

But then lately he started to make a grinding mouth noise, I thought twice about taking him to the vets in May but decided I should go asap just in case

Well good I did because his teeth were a bit spurry inspected under the GA and his tongue had an ulcer on it which caused soreness too
So after a dental and a bottle of baytril he should be feeling better soon

I heard him making those noises again yesterday, will this stop eventually?
I was told rabbits could do it out of pain, affection or sometimes all the times even if something isn't wrong.

:wave:

Has he got any metacam for the pain he is undoubtably in? The ulcer on his tongue will still be hurting.

Hope he is better soon.

Spenser makes teeth-grinding noises when he is happy, and if I am petting his wee head. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between this a teeth-grinding as a sign of pain. :?

Tooth grinding for happy does sound like purring. When they are in pain it's a more aggressive harsh sound. It's a bit hard to explain but once you've heard both you can tell the difference

Hope he is better soon.

Spenser makes teeth-grinding noises when he is happy, and if I am petting his wee head. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between this a teeth-grinding as a sign of pain. :?

I first read this as "putting wee on his head" :oops:

Hope bunny feels better soon, sorry I can't help with the grinding, never experienced it myself.

Hi, I'm big believer in trusting your instincts so good for you for taking him in. I would ask for some metacam though. It will be much easier to give than batril as I'm told it tastes nice (Jenson mugs me when he has it).

He is lucky that you trusted you instinct and I agree that Metacam is delicious by rabbit standards. Julie loves her. It smells like flowers to me.

I think the vet gave you very bad advice. It's incredibly hard to predict at what rate teeth will become worse so to suggest you could wait 5 months I think is irresponsible. Glad you picked up on it being too far away and that your bun is now sorted.

Back