• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me and Alice are off to see John Chitty at 1.00!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I don't know weather I'm more excited or nervous!
Really hope he can give us some more ideas as nothing seems to be working on her sore hocks still.

I wonder if Alice actually has arthritis in her hips/spine ?

Her recent episode of gut stasis and now sore hocks is something I have seen in Rabbits who were found to have a degenerative arthritis.

I hope JC can offer some advice for Alice xx

You will be in the middle of your consultation now: hope it is going well and he thinks he can help.

I'll be seeing him soon when I take mine for their boosters.

We're back!
We have for her now fucidin ointment, septrin and have doubled her dose of painkillers and swapped to metacam. Also said to cut of the megazorb and see if that helps.
I'm calling him in 2 weeks if no improvements and we will start looking for underlying causes.
And yes Jacks Jane arthritis is one of the underlying causes he did mention!
He was lovely, 10000 times more helpful than any other vet I have been to for any of my bunnies, I'd definatly recommend him :D

We're back!
We have for her now fucidin ointment, septrin and have doubled her dose of painkillers and swapped to metacam. Also said to cut of the megazorb and see if that helps.
I'm calling him in 2 weeks if no improvements and we will start looking for underlying causes.
He was lovely, 10000 times more helpful than any other vet I have been to for any of my bunnies, I'd definatly recommend him :D

I do hope these changes help.

We're back!

We had fucidin for Marnies too...really helped :D

If he was closer he'd be my every day vet :love:

Back