• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

wee!!? query??

kt6382

Warren Scout
Hi, I've been away for two nights and when I got back my friend who was bunny sitting pointed out a small patch of sticky orangey goo in the buns shed. I'm assuming it's wee that didn't make it to the litter tray (there was also tons of hay on the floor so they prob thought they could wee anywhere!) and when I wash the litter tray the liquid is an orangey colour (yuk!). But I thought I'd just ask incase it's anything I should worry about... Hope not!

Just a bit gooey, didn't really touch it that much to be honest. It wasn't a runny pool of wee, but it had been there all day so could have dried out a bit. Should I be worried?

I wouldn't expect it to try sticky or gooey (just dries and leaves a stain in this house :roll:) so I think a vet trip might be a wise idea just to be on the safe side :)

Hmm.. I'll go and have a closer look (back out in the cold!). There isn't any other wee around and their poops all look healthy. Also, I have two buns so no idea which one it is!

Just went back out to the shed. The wee patch is not sticky now, just slight orange colour where it was. Not wet either. Guess I'll wait til morning and see if there's any more...

Just went back out to the shed. The wee patch is not sticky now, just slight orange colour where it was. Not wet either. Guess I'll wait til morning and see if there's any more...

I had one of these in the conservatory earlier, think it was just a wee drying out, the door was open so it was really cold in there as well, i would keep an eye on them both, sometimes if Bellas had a carrot her wee changes colour :thumb:

One of my boys, dont know which, has orangey coloured pee if they have treats or fenugreek crunchies! it is really bizarre

I'm swapping my buns to SS pellets and 2 out of 3 have orange pee! One has carrots the other is on 90% hay, there could be something in the hay though as that is new to them too.

Hmm.. mine are just on their normal pellets (can't remember which brand, have green bag?!) and hay and grass. But possibly the person who looked after them while I was away might have feed them something different. I know food can change their wee drastically! and mine always seem to have pretty orangey wee anyway! Fingers crossed they're both ok, I'll keep an eye on them. Thanks for all the replies!

Back