• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He Doesn't Want My Noserubs :-(

Cari

Warren Veteran
Ever since Stephen and Nora moved into the spare room at my Mum's and I can't sit with them in the lounge as she's allergic to them, Stephen doesn't seem to want my attention at all. :cry: he always used to put his head down and stay there for ages being loved and stroked and then he'd groom me back, even Nora, who was very bad with handling and was quite skittish when she came to me, was coming up for a little bit of attention and fuss.

Now they just ignore me. :( I go and sit in their room to read for an hour or so, have spent several hours in there today, and they've just ignored me. :(

I feel like a bad owner and that they don't love me anymore. What can I do?

If they havent been in there long, maybe they're just feeling a little unsettled in their new surroundings? Why dont you go in with something tasty, and hand feed it to them while you stroke them. They're perhaps just getting used to their new home, exploring the new smells etc :) x

Yeah I would just continue to go in there for a while every day or whatever and sit with them for a bit. Take something yummy (for them)! Hopefully they'll settle in properly soon and feel more relaxed.

Thanks everyone. I go in with crunchies and herbs and get mobbed, but as soon as they're gone they're not interested in me anymore.

I could sleep in there Nat, the bed is quite far off the ground though so they wouldn't be able to see me or get to me.

When Harvey and Lilly were first bonded they went through this. Before Harvey had been so attention seeking, always trying to get nose rubs from me, and then when he had Lilly he didn't need me for that so just stopped coming to me :( however as time passed and they got out of the "honeymoon" phase of their relationship, they both now happily come up to me and pester me for nose rubs :love: maybe your two just need a bit of time and then they'll start coming back to you for attention too, try not to worry too much, they're probably just enjoying each others company so much they've temporarily forgotten their manners! Hopefully with time they'll remember how awesome your nose rubs are!

None of mine request nose rubs, ever. Not because I'm a bad owner, they're just happy without them and get companionship from each other. Good ownership is defined by what you make available for them, not what they choose to do with it... :wave:

You want them to want nose rubs for yourself, and it's very sad for you that they don't want noserubs, but, for them, they are content and happy with each other, which shows they are the right partner for each other and are actually happy. So that makes you a great owner! Just because they don't want your love anymore doesn't mean you are a bad owner, it means you have met their needs brilliantly! However, you feel like a bad owner because they aren't meeting your needs anymore. Maybe thinking about it from their point of view might help :)

Try lying down on your tummy! my two dwarfs climb all over me and come a lot closer than if I am in a normal upright position.
Rabbits do seem to change behavoir depending on where they are, but as long as they are happy and it is still early days, may be getting used to new surroundings still.

Thanks everyone.

Very good point Sky-O. I know I'm being totally selfish and should be happy that they're contented, I just miss my baby and the bond we used to have. :( I shall try to think of it from their point of view more.

I do lie on my tummy for a little bit and they'll come and sniff me and flop down near me which is nice.

Thanks everyone.

Very good point Sky-O. I know I'm being totally selfish and should be happy that they're contented, I just miss my baby and the bond we used to have. :( I shall try to think of it from their point of view more.

I do lie on my tummy for a little bit and they'll come and sniff me and flop down near me which is nice.

Be patient :) you've all been through a lot of upheaval and stress and it may be that they are picking up on your stress too, which may also cause them to distance themselves (be it illness (physical/mental) stress, breakup stress, job decision stress, etc). You might find when you're feeling better in yourself that they start to allow themselves closer too. For now though, they are ok, you just need to try and find a way to make yourself ok too.

All very good points :) Thank you.

:lol: no it's not Nat, I'm just amazed that she managed it, even I have to hop up onto the bed! Going to sleep in there tonight.

All very good points :) Thank you.

:lol: no it's not Nat, I'm just amazed that she managed it, even I have to hop up onto the bed! Going to sleep in there tonight.

protect your face, I have a lovely scratch from being accidentally jumped on by a bunny :)
:lol:

Back