• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Weeing literally everywhere?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Pippin is unspayed and is due to be spayed in the next 3-4 weeks. She's 9 months old and until about a month ago and did her wee and most poo in one place. She now wees absolutely everywhere. I understand about hormones and marking her territory etc but she never used to do this even when she was over 6 months (reached sexual maturity etc.)

She's getting dirty, wet paws from standing in the wee and I've noticed now she's getting a dirty tummy from it :( I'm hoping when she's spayed it will stop but could this be a different problem?

Edit: I always clean her paws and clean up the mess as regularly as I can to avoid anywhere getting sore etc.

Last edited:
Was Pippin unwell a while back :?

When she was very young she had an abscess but the only other thing I can think of that is more recent is that she produced some random soft stools and that was all fixed with Fibreplex. She's been perfectly fine for a while now and still is completely herself.

I would get the Vet to take a look at her. Whilst it may just be hormonal issues there are certain health problems that can cause loss of litter tray training. It is impossible to rule anything in or out without a full examination.

Hopefully it is just her being a messy adolescent and that her spay will mean she returns to her previous weeing habits :)

I would get the Vet to take a look at her. Whilst it may just be hormonal issues there are certain health problems that can cause loss of litter tray training. It is impossible to rule anything in or out without a full examination.

Hopefully it is just her being a messy adolescent and that her spay will mean she returns to her previous weeing habits :)

I'd be more worried if she was fully litter trained before. She always did everything apart from a few stray poos in one corner of her hutch but very occasionally did a wee in her run etc. I will get her checked over. I really hope so too, thanks for your help.

Back