• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stop lurking and join the forum!

Jemima

Alpha Buck
There are currently 239 users online. 100 members and 139 guests

Come on all you lurkers, join up and let us see your bunnies :wave::wave:

Yay!!!!! I agree, i only joined about 3 wks ago and im getting involved all over the place :lol: :wave:

Hi!

I've just discovered this forum and have been lurking for a couple of weeks! It's a great source of information so thankyou to all! I've had rabbits on and off since childhood, but never kept a pair before. So, sorry to my previous bunnies if you were lonely but I didn't know any better at the time! Our last lone bunny died in December aged almost 9 she was vaccinated but unneutered because she was alone and I didn't know about the cancer risks. Enter our new pair, 2 girls :oops:didn't realise that might be cause for problems later before I found ru! Anyway they are sisters and get on well together, although there is some isolated humping, which is how I found ru, doing a google search for "do 2 girl rabbits hump" . They only hump when they are in the run. They are in a 6ft cage at the moment and the run is separate but after lurking on here I now know bigger is better and a hutch is not enough so I have managed to buy a pair of 5ft x 2ft double height hutches which are joined giving them 10ftx2ft of space on each floor and we can attach the run to that. I'm armed with some virkon to disinfect it all today, there haven't been any deaths in it they had just changed to a shed and aviary set up for their numerous bunnies but nevertheless I'm going to scrub until I can scrub no more! Both buns are going to the vet for their vaccination today and I'm going to get them to confirm sex and talk about spaying to minimise fall outs later when their hormones kick in. (They are only 3months old at the moment) I don't know how to insert a photo but they are my avatar. They are called Ginger and Apricot. Ginger is the one with the mane!

I've just discovered this forum and have been lurking for a couple of weeks! It's a great source of information so thankyou to all! I've had rabbits on and off since childhood, but never kept a pair before. So, sorry to my previous bunnies if you were lonely but I didn't know any better at the time! Our last lone bunny died in December aged almost 9 she was vaccinated but unneutered because she was alone and I didn't know about the cancer risks. Enter our new pair, 2 girls :oops:didn't realise that might be cause for problems later before I found ru! Anyway they are sisters and get on well together, although there is some isolated humping, which is how I found ru, doing a google search for "do 2 girl rabbits hump" . They only hump when they are in the run. They are in a 6ft cage at the moment and the run is separate but after lurking on here I now know bigger is better and a hutch is not enough so I have managed to buy a pair of 5ft x 2ft double height hutches which are joined giving them 10ftx2ft of space on each floor and we can attach the run to that. I'm armed with some virkon to disinfect it all today, there haven't been any deaths in it they had just changed to a shed and aviary set up for their numerous bunnies but nevertheless I'm going to scrub until I can scrub no more! Both buns are going to the vet for their vaccination today and I'm going to get them to confirm sex and talk about spaying to minimise fall outs later when their hormones kick in. (They are only 3months old at the moment) I don't know how to insert a photo but they are my avatar. They are called Ginger and Apricot. Ginger is the one with the mane!

That's great that you are making so many positive changed :D your bunnies look adorable from, what I can see! Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks! :) is there an idiots guide on how to insert pictures?

Edit :oops: just found it will have a read and try to fathom it out! (Puts kettle on!)

Last edited:
Here are the girls!

fbcaa9a74bb65a32a2a7475980f30148_zps705ca649.jpg
[/IMG]

Edit, oh dear that's not worked! I tried to use dropbox because I've already got that. Will have to try photo bucket after all!

Last edited:
Thanks! I've uploaded photobucket and managed to edit my original post above so it shows on the post!
I love swooning over everyone's rabbit pics! I think they are all gorgeous!

Thanks!:D. Hopefully more lurkers like me will join up too ;)
Anyway, I'm off to scrub the new hutch now!

Back