• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Little Poem..no longer

sorry to those who missed it
don't want you to lose out so

I posted out some poem lines
to make a point or two
But knew that some would take offence
and cause trouble on RU

So better to delete and save
my thoughts for other places.
And leave the mods and Tamsin too
with smiles upon their faces :D

to make a point or two
and cause trouble on RU

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think we should put you forward to be the next poet laureate

anyone else read the original..its on FB..please don't copy it to here but would like to know if you think it gets the message across

I have seen it on fb and thought it was excellent. I didn't get one line or the reason you have removed it from here, but you know me - thick as poop :roll: :lol:

I have seen it on fb and thought it was excellent. I didn't get one line or the reason you have removed it from here, but you know me - thick as poop :roll: :lol:

thought it wouldn't go down well with some on here..which line didn't you get..if first line is 1..ect?

to make a point or two
and cause trouble on RU

So long as they who are offended by your poem are still smiling Jill, that's the main thing eh?

I read it on FB and the poem was spot on and put into words how many of us are feeling at the moment. There are so many fair weather rescue supporters out there unfortunately.

I think the poem was brilliant. Just a crying shame it didn't stay visible for people to read on here. Might have made people think about the impacts caused by breeding/buying.

:oops: i didn't understand who was wearing a badge but then I did initially read that as badger!:roll:

loving the badger :lol:

it means those that will claim to support something, maybe to impress by wearing a badge , but when push comes to shove put their own whims and wants above the cause they claim to support

loving the badger :lol:

it means those that will claim to support something, maybe to impress by wearing a badge , but when push comes to shove put their own whims and wants above the cause they claim to support

AAAgghhh, thank you and sadly very true too :(

I was thinking there must be somewhere you could get it published, it is that good :?

you would be surprised as some of the things i read that aren't what is actually written on here. it can be very "interesting" to have brain like mine at times :lol:

Oh I am not mocking you. I am inventing a new insult for those who don't appreciate the sentiment in the poem based on the misunderstanding. :) I think it is apt. shame we can't share the poem with more through fear of offending... Thanks for writing it though, Jill.

Back