• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring and Litter material

becki_moorcroft

Warren Scout
Just after some suggestion... i'm currently in the process of swopping my buns off the 'traditional' shavings bedding... i'm pretty certain i'm going with lino on the floors, but wondered if anyone had any better suggestions, or things which worked better.... also what do you use for litter trays (i need something that comes in fairly large quantities and can be put in the garden recycling - i.e. compostable) both auboise and fitch have been suggested anyone else have any experiences to add to either of those....

I use megazorb in the bottom of their trays covered with a thick layer of hay.

On the floors of my playhouse and kennels, I have lino (slightly textured so it's a bit grippier) and I put rugs on top of it.

Some people have used those inter-linking foam mats for flooring, which look really nice. I'm considering them for my enclosed runs, but not for any of my diggers as they'll have it in holes in no time. :roll:

I've got those interlocking foam mats when they first went down they had a little nibble but not touched them since and they are really warm too lovely to sit on :) I just put newspaper in my bunnys underbed storage boxes and pile hay on top and clean them out every other day :)

Back