• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just collected a stray rabbit - update and advice sought 24/2/13

Dustyrabbit

Warren Veteran
Got a call from a friend this morning to say her neighbour had a stray rabbit in their garden. We went along and with the help of the neighbours son in law got him in our carrier. He's a little Dutch, haven't had a good look over him yet but he was eating and very spritely!

Got him quarentined in my front room for now.

Last edited:
Aww! We took in a stray bunny recently and were able to get him back home :love: I really fell in love with him while he was here though :oops:

Ok, think bun is a young boy, he's eating and drinking. He has a wound on his ear, dry blood. Old wounds on his body.

I have called round the vets and pet shops to see if anyone is missing him. Friend is putting poster up near where he was found and facebook message has gone out.

I guess he may need an antibiotic shot for the ear in case?

Feel I should leave it until this evening in case owner turns up soon.

I can clean it and wound powder it.

Any extra advice?

Ok, think bun is a young boy, he's eating and drinking. He has a wound on his ear, dry blood. Old wounds on his body.

I have called round the vets and pet shops to see if anyone is missing him. Friend is putting poster up near where he was found and facebook message has gone out.

I guess he may need an antibiotic shot for the ear in case?

Feel I should leave it until this evening in case owner turns up soon.

I can clean it and wound powder it.

Any extra advice?

Contact local RSPCA also. That's where our stray bun's owner was looking :wave:

Just seen your post Jenson, yes I did contact NAWT, in fact they were the most helpful, took details and offered to put him on their waiting list to come in.

Well he has settled in well, is eating everything laid before him, drinking and pooping ok.

There have been no calls for him.

What happens with a bun with no history with regard to vaccinations? Is it a problem to vaccinate if they are actually already vaccinated? Of course I would discuss with vet but just wondering what people do normally.

Just seen your post Jenson, yes I did contact NAWT, in fact they were the most helpful, took details and offered to put him on their waiting list to come in.

Well he has settled in well, is eating everything laid before him, drinking and pooping ok.

There have been no calls for him.

What happens with a bun with no history with regard to vaccinations? Is it a problem to vaccinate if they are actually already vaccinated? Of course I would discuss with vet but just wondering what people do normally.

I wouldn't vaccinate them yet because you don't know if someone is going to claim the bunny or not.

Back