• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might move Leo outside..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Not sure :? Obviously not yet, but he really isn't an indoor rabbit :(

My mom and dad are fine with him coming over here and living in the garden but we can't fit another shed in and the only space spare is the patio. The patio can fit a 6ft hutch with a run underneath which would allow for supervised access to a pen. I also have a spare 6x4 run for grass time. It would mean I could probably look at getting him a friend. And probably look at getting Poppy a toothless friend then.

But he's such a large rabbit.. Only about 3kg but he's big. Would it be cruel to have him in a smaller space? It's not even the minimum anymore but there isn't room for an 8ft long run.

Ohhhh I don't know :(

Where is he living now? I suppose it's where he would be happier, and if you were going to get him a friend that would make him even more happier :) good luck deciding what to do with your furbaby :) x

Where is he living now? I suppose it's where he would be happier, and if you were going to get him a friend that would make him even more happier :) good luck deciding what to do with your furbaby :) x

He has his own room :) I'm looking at the 6ft happy hutches, not sure.. He can't stay outside at my bf's as they have foxes that come up to the front door :shock: maybe we could get him a summer house and turn it into Fort Knox :lol: he's the soppiest rabbit ever, he'll be 7 this year, but needs dentals every now and then and he's partially (if not fully) deaf after his stroke. I could get a single 6ft hutch on legs and a runaround so the run can be moved.. grrrr!! so confusing! Bloody rabbits :roll: :lol:

He has his own room :) I'm looking at the 6ft happy hutches, not sure.. He can't stay outside at my bf's as they have foxes that come up to the front door :shock: maybe we could get him a summer house and turn it into Fort Knox :lol: he's the soppiest rabbit ever, he'll be 7 this year, but needs dentals every now and then and he's partially (if not fully) deaf after his stroke. I could get a single 6ft hutch on legs and a runaround so the run can be moved.. grrrr!! so confusing! Bloody rabbits :roll: :lol:

Haha the things we'll do for them. Isn't he happy inside? Couldn't you get him a wifey and when they're "married" you could introduce them to his room?:D Ahh bless him, I suppose he wouldn't be able to hear if the danger was coming :? completely up to you though, but I think house buns get more attention than those outside, but I suppose he'd be fine with a friend, would your parents have the time for him if you werent there? Maybe you'd miss him too much :p x

Not sure :? Obviously not yet, but he really isn't an indoor rabbit :(

Awww why do you think he isn't happy indoors?

If he would be safe outdoors and you can afford the new hutch and friend then why not try it? Would his room still be available for him to move back into if it doesn't work out? Sounds like a hard decision though :wave:

Haha the things we'll do for them. Isn't he happy inside? Couldn't you get him a wifey and when they're "married" you could introduce them to his room?:D Ahh bless him, I suppose he wouldn't be able to hear if the danger was coming :? completely up to you though, but I think house buns get more attention than those outside, but I suppose he'd be fine with a friend, would your parents have the time for him if you werent there? Maybe you'd miss him too much :p x

He lives at my bf's mom and dads house and we aren't allowed any more rabbits :( I wish it was that easy though. He loves fuss but gets bored easily, he doesn't know how to play or anything and he generally does nothing but sleep. He doesn't get as much attention as I want him to have because we're always doing something. If he was outside he would be right outside the kitchen.

I'd show you the thread of what he was in before we had him but I can't seem to find it.

Awww why do you think he isn't happy indoors?

If he would be safe outdoors and you can afford the new hutch and friend then why not try it? Would his room still be available for him to move back into if it doesn't work out? Sounds like a hard decision though :wave:

He's just scared :( and very destructive, the holes in my bf's parents carpet too :shock: He'd be able to move back in yeah, I just wish we could move the tractor where it should be in the tractor shed and have him in the actual shed.. it's brick, insulated (although still cold!) and huge .. Grrrr!

Could you have the 6ft x 4ft run on the patio then mesh under the grass and attach the additional run via a runaround tube? My biggest concern would be that he would not get as much human interaction outside, but attaching the additional run would make a nice size for a pair if you were considering a friend for him.

My two Rex Crosses are about 3kg and their permanent space is a 6ft happy hutch with 6ft x 8ft run which gives them a nice space to move around in. My suggestion above would give the same space just in a different layout.

Could you have the 6ft x 4ft run on the patio then mesh under the grass and attach the additional run via a runaround tube? My biggest concern would be that he would not get as much human interaction outside, but attaching the additional run would make a nice size for a pair if you were considering a friend for him.

My two Rex Crosses are about 3kg and their permanent space is a 6ft happy hutch with 6ft x 8ft run which gives them a nice space to move around in. My suggestion above would give the same space just in a different layout.

The patio is down some steps and a 3ft wall and above it goes into my pairs run space, so that couldn't happen. If anything he would get more contact being outside. My other rabbits are in the garden so it's not like I never go out there, I usually spend half an hour outside with them +.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I have outside bunnies and am also outside most of the time freezing to death just so I can spend time with them so I didn't mean to imply that he would get less attention as I know from experience thats not true.

Just from having Poppy inside as shes being quarentined I realise that she gets quite interactive even when I just walk past getting on with everyday activities not just when I actively spend time with her if that makes sense.

Its nice he will be able to see other buns. You may need to keep an eye on your pair at first incase there is any refered aggression.

None of my bunnies seem to care about the other groups at home even if there is a new addition, but I know some people have had problems with it.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I have outside bunnies and am also outside most of the time freezing to death just so I can spend time with them so I didn't mean to imply that he would get less attention as I know from experience thats not true.

Just from having Poppy inside as shes being quarentined I realise that she gets quite interactive even when I just walk past getting on with everyday activities not just when I actively spend time with her if that makes sense.

Its nice he will be able to see other buns. You may need to keep an eye on your pair at first incase there is any refered aggression.

None of my bunnies seem to care about the other groups at home even if there is a new addition, but I know some people have had problems with it.

Oh I know ^^ my emote faces aren't working on my ipad so it looked a bit stone faced haha!

That's my main issue I think, Lola can be a piece of work but they would only be able to hear each other. She was fine when her and Donny were single though. I would do everything I could to give him/them more space but we still need to be able to get out of the french doors haha. Hmmm.. I don't know.

It's just hard because Poppy is in the bedroom and while she doesn't always ask for fuss/get fuss, she has our company and with my bf being off work at the moment she has company all day, whereas Leo gets us going in maybe.. 3 or 4 times a day and then around 10 minutes when he has his litter tray done each evening. I'll sit with him for 5 minutes when I top up his hay but he usually gets bored and goes off to lie down away from me lol!

Last edited:
I think inside and outside suits different bunnies better. Mine love being outside, certainly if you brought any of my existing buns inside they would hate it, its bad enough when I've had to keep them in post op. They are bored, miserable and destructive.

Now Poppy seems to be loving it and I will be sad to see her go outside but ultimately it is much better she gets bonded with other bunnies as I work all day.

Sometimes you have to weigh up the pros and cons of each.

Change of plan! Spoke (and fell out for a while :evil:) with my bf and I said about a kennel for security, then we'll make plans to 'do it up' even more secure! That way he can stay at my bf's (because apparently it won't be fair that he can't see him if he's at mine :roll:) and we can find a friend before he moves in.

Just need to find a big kennel that won't cost toooo much..! I imagine £300-£400 will be the maximum.

When we move out we're going to have to take apart and shift a 6x4 shed and more than likely a massive kennel now! :lol:

Change of plan! Spoke (and fell out for a while :evil:) with my bf and I said about a kennel for security, then we'll make plans to 'do it up' even more secure! That way he can stay at my bf's (because apparently it won't be fair that he can't see him if he's at mine :roll:) and we can find a friend before he moves in.

Just need to find a big kennel that won't cost toooo much..! I imagine £300-£400 will be the maximum.

When we move out we're going to have to take apart and shift a 6x4 shed and more than likely a massive kennel now! :lol:

I got my 12x4 dog kennel off ebay it was £320 :)

Sounds like a fab plan. Bit sad for you though that he's not at yours. Do you think the bf will mind if you go round to visit the bunny instead of him lol.

I was going to PM you about how much yours was :lol: I have found a few bid ones but some of them need work doing on them, I think a new one might be 'safer'. I want a big one because any extra exercise out of it will be in a couple of separate runs.

Figuring out where to put it proving difficult though!

Sounds like a fab plan. Bit sad for you though that he's not at yours. Do you think the bf will mind if you go round to visit the bunny instead of him lol.

:lol: Bit weird but I enjoy sitting in my pairs shed so another one to sit in will be nice :D especially as it means we can adopt another bunnnyy!!

Back