• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thats all i need - petplan nightmare

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
not first time they refuse to pay out they caused problems when i lost lox, then refused mabels further treatment, then sox's and now got letter saying they cannot help as the mergency treatment ie sox illness bladder flushing and x-rays etc etc are part of routine treatment for my rabbit :shock: why am i payng for pet insurance then, so they can rob me blind and not help us out, will get the vet to argue the case against them as soon they will pay out for nothing if they
say everything is routine care for our pets :evil:

I don't have pet insurance for that reason :oops: I know its perhaps not the most sensible but we have savings we can use should something come up. Everything my two have been in for so far has been routine really.

not first time they refuse to pay out they caused problems when i lost lox, then refused mabels further treatment, then sox's and now got letter saying they cannot help as the mergency treatment ie sox illness bladder flushing and x-rays etc etc are part of routine treatment for my rabbit :shock: why am i payng for pet insurance then, so they can rob me blind and not help us out, will get the vet to argue the case against them as soon they will pay out for nothing if they
say everything is routine care for our pets :evil:

:shock::shock:No way is that routine. As long as it's not pre-existing then they should be paying it! It's not routine at all, it is a medical condition and would make him very ill if not treated so they should darn well be paying :evil: I hope it's just a clerical error as it's ridiculous if they think they can swerve paying for it.

Edit to add: I've just put a claim in for £400 for Binky, I hope they don't try the same with me.

sox treatment hasnt been routine though, they could say routine treatment for every condition a pet gets to get out of paying back

:shock::shock:No way is that routine. As long as it's not pre-existing then they should be paying it! It's not routine at all, it is a medical condition and would make him very ill if not treated so they should darn well be paying :evil: I hope it's just a clerical error as it's ridiculous if they think they can swerve paying for it.

Edit to add: I've just put a claim in for £400 for Binky, I hope they don't try the same with me.

i know im rather angry and when next see my vet will get them on there case, sox treatment overall will be near £1000 mark in total so got more letters yet to come

That's madness, I think I must have been lucky so far because I have never been denied a claim (fingers crossed) despite the fact that most of the claims I have been made could be connected to Poppy's dental issues despite the fact I am not covered for her teeth. For example, a reaction to depocillin injections to treat her teeth which resulted in an operation and a procedure to staple a wound which was caused by me brushing her because she doesnt groom properly, again because of her teeth.

Do you think perhaps your vets aren't explaining fully enough on the claim forms? I hope you manage to sort it out.

think they have muddled up his previous claim before the one we have just made, and sent letter about his dental, i checked the dates and thats what it wll be, so hopefully problem should be ok, i hope

Ludicrous.

It was on Daybreak this morning about pet insurance - saw a lot of people complaining about Petplan on their facebook page - but not much other choice for rabbits :-(

Fortunately we have never had to claim.

think they have muddled up his previous claim before the one we have just made, and sent letter about his dental, i checked the dates and thats what it wll be, so hopefully problem should be ok, i hope

That's quite interesting to read! I made several claims during Timmy's life and they paid out with the exception of dentals after his first one. But I noticed on a few of the settlement letters they sent that the dates and treatments they said they were agreeing to cover did not in any way match the info I'd put on the claim forms. I got the money so it wasn't really an issue, just very confusing. I hope its just a mistake and you get your money back, otherwise that stinks.

Ludicrous.

It was on Daybreak this morning about pet insurance - saw a lot of people complaining about Petplan on their facebook page - but not much other choice for rabbits :-(

Fortunately we have never had to claim.

i missed the daybreak programme was this recent?

Back