• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Blacky in his new "den"! Warning these pics are just too cute;)

He sure is a cute bun. :love: Is he a Nethie? How old is he?
I love his wee tie blanket. :)
While Mimzy first was ill with head tilt I had to make a 'hospital bed' for him from a storage tub so he wouldn't roll and crash into things at any speed. I'm looking at converting one to a hidey hut by turning it upside down and cutting a few bolt holes into it and placing it in his run.
I'm curious, does Blacky have an excercise pen or is he free range?

He's very cute and good pics too, it's hard to photograph black animals. Love that blanket too :love: Does he get in and out by himself?

While Mimzy first was ill with head tilt I had to make a 'hospital bed' for him from a storage tub so he wouldn't roll and crash into things at any speed. I'm looking at converting one to a hidey hut by turning it upside down and cutting a few bolt holes into it and placing it in his run.
He is a Polish Dwarf and is 10 years old. He is not free range but, he runs in the kitchen and dining room or in the bathroom(The bathroom is quite large).:D

He's 10? :shock:
My word...he looks to be just a baby! :) That's amazing!
Have you had him all his life?

He's 10? :shock:
My word...he looks to be just a baby! :) That's amazing!
Have you had him all his life?
Nope. I've had him for three years. I got him for free. His previous owners(More like abusers:evil: ) had his cage disgusting and they hadn't cut his nails in 7 years!:evil::cry: But at least he was saved by me:) Now he is pampered and spoiled:D

WP_000355_zpscf7704b0.jpg

This is Parsley's box, I just cut a hole out the side for him.
and he can jump in and out whenever he wants.
How about you do that for blacky?

if mimzy is able to jump on top of things then cut holes in the side and put the lid on the top :)
Mine love jumping on top of theirs.

Sadly Mimzy can't jump :( I figured I'd just cut the hole on the lip, invert it and he can walk in and out on the floor under it.
He's a big fan of being under things, but not so much up on stuff anymore.
Do you happen to have a good way to make the sawed edges smooth so that the bunnies don't catch or cut themselves on the jagged pieces? These boxes have some of the nastiest plastic 'hangnails' once they're cut that I've ever had to deal with. :(

Parsley is adorable, btw! :love:

Sadly Mimzy can't jump :( I figured I'd just cut the hole on the lip, invert it and he can walk in and out on the floor under it.
He's a big fan of being under things, but not so much up on stuff anymore.
Do you happen to have a good way to make the sawed edges smooth so that the bunnies don't catch or cut themselves on the jagged pieces? These boxes have some of the nastiest plastic 'hangnails' once they're cut that I've ever had to deal with. :(

Parsley is adorable, btw! :love:

I just use clear tape to cover the edges.
If you look closely at the picture you can see it.
And thank you:love:

You could try using a nail file to rub down any edges. If a nail file isn't strong enough, you could probably pick up a rasp from a DIY shop pretty cheap. They probably even sell them in Tesco or the range in the DIY section.

Back