• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Baxter please please.....sudden heart problem...at vets

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Baxter started to be a bit wheezy and hard breathing again...poss pain again....but then nikki called me to come quick.....he couldnt catch his breath....couldnt settle in his snooze spot....went round and lay down....His breathing was so fast and laboured....i rushed him to the veterinary hospital this afternoon...and vet said his chest was very very noisy and wheezy..they out him on oxygen till he stabilised to xray his chest and they started him on antibiotics. i took bluebell to go with him.
Had a phone call from our bunvet...baxter never once moved when they xrayed him. He has one heart chamber very enlarged.....not looking good. She said theyve given him a dieuretic to help try and take the fluid around his heart away. If it was helping hed be a lot clearer in six hours. but if not......

omg i cannot handle this....yesterday was a year since my beloved Bertie died...cannot believe this.

bluebells with him....were heartbroken as we have already lost phoebe with an undiagnosed heart problem...now baxter...i domt belive it.

please please send vibes....i am preparing myself for the worst....i feel sick as a parrot and im freezing cold...cried...poor poopr mr man....mr big bum....lake baxter....puddles......how can it have been missed.....

against all odds...please send hopeful vibes .

thank you but hes gone.....he died at 7.30 vet said....i cannot believe it....poor baxter.....am off in taxi to collect poor bluebell. :cry:

Oh Debbie, I'm sorry :cry::cry::cry:
I was typing vibes and when I refreshed the page I saw your other post. :cry:
Thinking of you and sending ((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))
Snuggles for Bluebell too. I'm so sorry.
Binky free Baxter

Oh Debbie I am so so sorry to hear about Baxter. I am sorry I sometimes don't go onto FB for days and didn't know. You have had so much heartache lately.

Sending a massive hug to you and Nikki. :cry::cry::cry:

Thank you all so much everyone....it has been a tear soaked evening..and night....especially when i got bluebell home. I returned with two carriers and the cats were confused as to where baxter was. i put the carrier he had been in on the floor open so the cats coud sniff and figure out what had happened. Sadly bluebell got excited and also ran to the same carrier all hopeful.....then hung er head and dragged herself literally...away. she stayed within the confines of the pen even though it was left open for her. She ventured out twice for a few seconds....to check his snoozy spots under nikkis bed and under the coffeee table...when she realised...she went back to the pen. i got her to eat a teeny bit of apple..four dry shreddies....and parsley and fresh mounds of hay.
I sat on the floor stroking her in the. litter tray trying to finger feed her...she did not want to bother...

but as i came up to bed she was nibbling a few pellets...but not much....the grief coming off her in waves made me break down and cry uncontrollably...her eyes are filled with sadness....
i have been here before with bluebell....her sister got very sick and got admitted to the vets..bluebell went with but her sis was pts .....then she lost bertie.......and now shes lost Baxter.....shes very traumatised even though she spent fifteen minutes with his body....and she fefinately knew he was dead.

my head hurts from all the crying....and my face has swelled up like a squashed baloon.

i keep seeing his ...please im begging for your food...please face. He used the same expression for asking for a kiss too. my poor mr man...my big bum baxter....puddles.....gone so sudenly....end stage cardiomyopathy......but even our bunvet never xrayed his chest a few weeks back as it was his hip causing pain..leading to fast breathing.

vet said it was end stage and poss a result of that chest infection he had last year...harming his heart. Or it was congenital....

I know the two times before..she handled death of sister then bertie.....she had to get a bunny fwend...its what saved her. now shes grieving...i feel so sorry for her.

Have only just seen this, Debbie.

I am so, so sorry. Poor Baxter. He was such a gorgeous bunster:(

Binky free Baxter xxxxxx

Oh no...I'm so sorry you've lost Baxter :cry:

My girl is on her own now after losing her husbun too...she didn't eat for a whole day after he had passed away :cry: Last time I went home to see her she was still looking for him...it was so heartbreaking to watch. She definitely knows he's gone though, but I think she was still kind of hoping he'd return...just like I was :cry:

Hugs to you and noserubs to the little lady xxx

Back