PDA

View Full Version : new bunny arriving, please let her be healthy! Pics p 20

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 12:00 PM
We have a 9 year old arriving this afternoon. Owners have said that they have had to sell their house and move into a rented flat with no animals allowed.

I have no idea what condition she is in so am praying she is a well loved and cared for bunny, as don't think I could cope with another beetroot or hermione right now.

The owners have had her since a baby and are bringing her to us, so hopefully they are genuine, in which case I feel so sad for them

silverrabbit
17-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Gosh, they must be really upset after having her for 9 years, I know that would kill me :( Sending vibes for a healthy bunbun :wave:

susie bun
17-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Hope bunny is in good health. :wave:

one of the family
17-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh dear, poor bun and if they are genuine then I feel so sorry for her owners too. I would be heartbroken if I had to let mine go.

Hope the bun is healthy and able to spend a happy twilight with you xx

susie bun
17-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Eagerly looking out for news of the new Rainbow Rabbit's arrival. :oops:

cpayne
17-02-2013, 01:34 PM
You deserve a good break. I can't imagine what the owners are going through. I've just Dougnut back after two nights in hospital, I missed her so much and I knew I was getting her back.

Fingers crossed the bunny is in great shape.

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Bunny is here. She is gorgeous and very well cared for.

She was neutered as a baby and has been vaccinated in the past. She has had a dental a few years back and is on pain relief for arthritis.

The owners were very genuine, there where lots of tears. They even gave a donation which very very rarely happens.

Pics to follow when she has settled and trust me you will want to see them!

susie bun
17-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Couldn't have hoped for a better update. :love:

Roly Poly
17-02-2013, 03:13 PM
How lovely to hear - makes such a nice change, can't wait to see the piccies xx

susie bun
17-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Can we get a clue, eg. size and colour, while she settles in and we wait for the first photos?

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Can we get a clue, eg. size and colour, while she settles in and we wait for the first photos?

She is a little lionhead and strangely a fluffy version of hermione!

susie bun
17-02-2013, 03:48 PM
She is a little lionhead and strangely a fluffy version of hermione!

Awwwwwwwwww! :love:

JemimaH
17-02-2013, 04:15 PM
cant wait to see pictures!:love:

on a different subject altogether, how is little Stevie getting on? I may have missed an update but was thinking about him the other night!

silverrabbit
17-02-2013, 04:22 PM
She sounds adorable. Feel so bad for the owners but at least she is in good hands - they must be very relieved to know their girl will be well cared for :love:

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 05:03 PM
cant wait to see pictures!:love:

on a different subject altogether, how is little Stevie getting on? I may have missed an update but was thinking about him the other night!

Awww thanks. I did do a thread for him but think it only got two replies. Stevie has developed arthritis where his knees have locked due to their deformity

susie bun
17-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Here's a link to the recent thread about little Stevie:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?378519-1-year-3-months-old-still-no-plums-but-has-arthritis

JemimaH
17-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Here's a link to the recent thread about little Stevie:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?378519-1-year-3-months-old-still-no-plums-but-has-arthritis

thankyou susie, I completely missed this!:oops::thumb:

Bless him, poor little lad :(

Alvins mummy
17-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Aww what's the bunnys name? Can't wait to see her.

Mackers
17-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Looking forward to seeing pictures. Can't imagine the distress at having to give up a bunny that you'd had for 9 years :cry:.

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 06:16 PM
She didn't want to stay still so not the best quality photos.

Meet Lady Rosie :love:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1040401.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1040403.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1040404.jpg

susie bun
17-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Oh my, she's just gorgeous! :love::love::love:

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Oh my, she's just gorgeous! :love::love::love:

She certainly doesn't look 9 years old from her face!

She did come with a bag of cadburys chocolate buttons as apparently she has one a day and has done so since she was a baby!! It obviously hasn't done her any harm but it is so hard to not eat them myself :oops::oops:

susie bun
17-02-2013, 06:37 PM
She certainly doesn't look 9 years old from her face!

She did come with a bag of cadburys chocolate buttons as apparently she has one a day and has done so since she was a baby!! It obviously hasn't done her any harm but it is so hard to not eat them myself :oops::oops:

Bless her! :love: That is so sweet. xx

KarenM
17-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Awwww, she's a beauty & she doesn't look her age in those photos. :love::love: Perhaps her surname should be Buttons..... :lol:

Fellie
17-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh she is beautiful...how sad for her ex.owners. But the did the right thing bringing her to you. And so pleased you have a well loved bunny for a change...time you had a break.:thumb:

biscandmatt1
17-02-2013, 06:53 PM
she is so cute :love:

Furry-Holic
17-02-2013, 06:55 PM
She is so pretty. I feel for the owners who had to make such a tough decision to give her up, they must be heart broken. Xx

Mackers
17-02-2013, 07:06 PM
She's beautiful.

Tracy
17-02-2013, 07:15 PM
What a cutie :love::love: I'm so glad that she has been well looked after and is healthy. :D

I agree with Karen, her surname should be Buttons......Lady Rosie Buttons :love:

silverrabbit
17-02-2013, 07:18 PM
She is beautiful :love:

Hugo's There
17-02-2013, 07:27 PM
We do love the name buttons so yes Lady Rosie Buttons it is x

Alvins mummy
17-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Aww she is super cute. :love::love:

Roly Poly
17-02-2013, 07:40 PM
She's beautiful xx :love:

bunnybabbitsboing
17-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Aww, bless her, such a cutie :love:

el1983
17-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I am a sucker for any grey animal for some strange reason, she is gorgeous!!!!!

Janey
17-02-2013, 08:00 PM
She is a beautiful bunny and lucky to have gone from what sounds like one good another, although sad circumstances for her old family of course.

And you have made me crave cadburys buttons :lol:

Snowflake-George
17-02-2013, 09:03 PM
She is beautiful, I love her fluffy ears. :love:

It must have been heartbreaking for her previous owners. I would be totally devastated if it was me. :cry:

Alison Marie
17-02-2013, 09:04 PM
what a gorgeous bunny! its such a shame for her owners - 9 years is a long time especially if you have brought them up from a baby :( :(

Fee
17-02-2013, 09:06 PM
She is gorgeous,,!! I do agree thoguh, what a wrench for the owners...

Good luck in her new life with you.. Lots of noserubs, Lady rosie buttons

chelle
18-02-2013, 12:52 AM
goodness - she doesnt look 9 years old - what a beauty! Im heart broken for the owners...it certainly would break my heart re homing mine..so wonderful she has been able to come to you ...she is a lucky bunny:love:

MimzMum
18-02-2013, 02:10 AM
She looks like my Pip but in grey! :love: Lovely bun! How sad for her owners to have to surrender her, but glad you were able to take her in. :)

susie bun
18-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Hope Lady Rosie Buttons has had a comfortable night in her new residence. :love:

Hugo's There
18-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Hope Lady Rosie Buttons has had a comfortable night in her new residence. :love:

Thank you :wave: Her guts are a bit slow but i am hoping that is the stress of the journey and change and it will sort itself in a few days.

She certainly doesn't like being handled and started biting my clothes when I gave her metacam this morning! Little madam :love: :lol:

Kermit
18-02-2013, 11:31 AM
This little lady is beautiful!

Captain Helen
18-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Awww, she's adorable! :love:

cpayne
18-02-2013, 12:51 PM
ah she is so cute. I always thought chocolate was toxic to rabbits but whenever i've had chocolate in my hand Doughnut has tried to get to it. I haven't given her any though.

Hugo's There
18-02-2013, 12:59 PM
ah she is so cute. I always thought chocolate was toxic to rabbits but whenever i've had chocolate in my hand Doughnut has tried to get to it. I haven't given her any though.

Yes me too! It is never something i would recommend, but i guess its like a person who smokes and lives until they are 90 :? She can have one for a few days and then slowly I shall show her the way of the fenugreek crunchie :lol:

Jaysmonkey
18-02-2013, 12:59 PM
So happy she's come to you, she'll receive the best love and care possible. So sad for the owners, but at least she's retired to a lovely place where she'll be loved just as much :love::love:

ripminnie
18-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh she's adorable!! :love: poor girl though, having to change homes so late in life, she must wonder why :( i hope she's happy :wave: xxx

KarenM
18-02-2013, 05:13 PM
We do love the name buttons so yes Lady Rosie Buttons it is x

Yay. :love::love:

Hugo's There
18-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Yay. :love::love:

Is it bad I ate two of her buttons this afternoon just to make sure they tasted ok for her.................?? :oops: :lol:

KarenM
18-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes, that's terrible.... at the very least, you should have had a nibble of every single one & perhaps even finished the whole bag off just to be completely sure. ;):lol:

MimzMum
18-02-2013, 09:43 PM
She certainly doesn't like being handled and started biting my clothes when I gave her metacam this morning! Little madam :love: :lol:
Oh dear...definitely sounds like Pip then! :shock:
I also thought choccies were unsafe and have never fed them to any of my current pets. But we used to have a Siamese cat when I was little that my dad would allow her to lick the bowl clean after he had ice cream, no matter the flavor. She loved it. She also nibbled melon rinds.

I love the reference to the person who's had a smoke or a drink all their lives and lived to a ripe old age. I do believe the body gets used to certain things, even if they are toxic, and to withdraw them sometimes causes problems.

I must find something akin to these fenugreek crunchies here in America. It sounds as if it's a good snack for the bunnies and I'd love to put something different on their menu. :)

Big snuggles virtually on their way for Madame Buttons. :love:

susie bun
18-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Is it bad I ate two of her buttons this afternoon just to make sure they tasted ok for her.................?? :oops: :lol:

Norty norty! :shock:;):lol:

Hugo's There
18-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh dear...definitely sounds like Pip then! :shock:
I also thought choccies were unsafe and have never fed them to any of my current pets. But we used to have a Siamese cat when I was little that my dad would allow her to lick the bowl clean after he had ice cream, no matter the flavor. She loved it. She also nibbled melon rinds.

I love the reference to the person who's had a smoke or a drink all their lives and lived to a ripe old age. I do believe the body gets used to certain things, even if they are toxic, and to withdraw them sometimes causes problems.

I must find something akin to these fenugreek crunchies here in America. It sounds as if it's a good snack for the bunnies and I'd love to put something different on their menu. :)

Big snuggles virtually on their way for Madame Buttons. :love:

I would definitely never chose to give a rabbit chocolate but as she has had it every day for 9 years I need to stop it slowly.

I have just been looking on a USA website for some bunny stuff I want to try but can't get in the UK, so maybe we need to do a swap!

Barn Yard Bunnies
18-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Awwww what a cutie. :love::love::love:

OMG chocolate every day for 9 years. :lol::lol: There is the RU member MattieG whose naughty bun stole a whole bar of chocolate covered pork scratching. :shock: Ate the lot. :mrgreen: The following week pinched a cough sweet. :lol:

Hugo's There
18-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Awwww what a cutie. :love::love::love:

OMG chocolate every day for 9 years. :lol::lol: There is the RU member MattieG whose naughty bun stole a whole bar of chocolate covered pork scratching. :shock: Ate the lot. :mrgreen: The following week pinched a cough sweet. :lol:

Our old Humphrey stole a box of after eight mints and ate most of 12 of them. The next day he had the most wonderful poos. The mint did wonders to his digestive system!!

Barn Yard Bunnies
18-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Our old Humphrey stole a box of after eight mints and ate most of 12 of them. The next day he had the most wonderful poos. The mint did wonders to his digestive system!!

:lol::lol: Apparently menthol and mint oil is pretty harmless to buns in small amounts.

When you question what they pinch to eat you have to think about carpet, wood, door frames, lino, plastic - the chins are terrible with plastic :roll:, clothes, hair and all sorts of weird and wonderful things. I was always catching my now bridge buns eating chinchilla poo off the floor. :shock:

MimzMum
18-02-2013, 10:45 PM
I would definitely never chose to give a rabbit chocolate but as she has had it every day for 9 years I need to stop it slowly.

I have just been looking on a USA website for some bunny stuff I want to try but can't get in the UK, so maybe we need to do a swap!
Sure! That'd be neat! Which site is it? You can PM me the details if you don't want to post in thread.

The pinching sweets reminds me of a bun on my other rabbit site here who would make off with chewing gum, antacids and cough drops...not all at once, mind!
He's at the bridge now :( I believe he had E.C.
I wonder if certain medical conditions in rabbits make them more prone to Pica? :? Like what BYB was saying about carpet fibers and such.

Oh dear...After Eights...haven't had any of those in awhile...now I've got a craving! :shock:
I understand what you mean about the weaning them off treats. Before I knew better I used to give Mimzy those yogurt drops for bunnies (in my defense, OH bought them for him and fed quite a few) until I realized it was as good as giving him a slice of bacon every day. :(
He probably doesn't remember them now. I felt so bad about it. :(

littleblacky
18-02-2013, 10:51 PM
She didn't want to stay still so not the best quality photos.

Meet Lady Rosie :love:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1040401.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1040403.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1040404.jpg AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!:love::love::love:

Barn Yard Bunnies
18-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Sure! That'd be neat! Which site is it? You can PM me the details if you don't want to post in thread.

The pinching sweets reminds me of a bun on my other rabbit site here who would make off with chewing gum, antacids and cough drops...not all at once, mind!
I wonder if certain medical conditions in rabbits make them more prone to Pica? :? Like what BYB was saying about carpet fibers and such.

Oh dear...After Eights...haven't had any of those in awhile...now I've got a craving! :shock:
I understand what you mean about the weaning them off treats. Before I knew better I used to give Mimzy those yogurt drops for bunnies (in my defense, OH bought them for him and fed quite a few) until I realized it was as good as giving him a slice of bacon every day. :(

What is Pica ?:oops:

I used to know this chinchilla expert and he had to wean a chinchilla, who was keep in a bird cage before it was rescued, off a sweet breakfast cereal, honey puffs and crisps. It was the crisps he had the hardest time trying to wean him/her off.

My mind boggles at what a bunny would do with chewing gum. :shock:

MimzMum
18-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Pica is an eating fixation having to do with consuming mostly non-edible items. Pregnant women go through it with their cravings.
I had a dog who would eat plastic toys. :X
I realize that most bunnies eat things like wires, carpet and baseboard because that is part of their 'warren building' programming, but I often wonder if they find things like carpet akin to the fiber they would need for digestive issues?
Pip once began unraveling a terrycloth towel I had put on top of her pen to help block the summer light at night, I had to pull it away from her and it was a long string of material by that point, had I not seen it she might have choked. :(
It was a scary moment. She gets nothing fabric at all near her habitat anymore. I think she thinks she's a goat. :shock:

Barn Yard Bunnies
18-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Pica is an eating fixation having to do with consuming mostly non-edible items. Pregnant women go through it with their cravings.
I had a dog who would eat plastic toys. :X
I realize that most bunnies eat things like wires, carpet and baseboard because that is part of their 'warren building' programming, but I often wonder if they find things like carpet akin to the fiber they would need for digestive issues?
Pip once began unraveling a terrycloth towel I had put on top of her pen to help block the summer light at night, I had to pull it away from her and it was a long string of material by that point, had I not seen it she might have choked. :(
It was a scary moment. She gets nothing fabric at all near her habitat anymore. I think she thinks she's a goat. :shock:

Thanks. Yes like a goat eating everything.

I think most buns enjoy ripping carpet up. Certainly with Mr Bennett he would rip it up with his teeth but didn't often see him eat it. If you leave anything on the floor it gets chewed but if its not on the floor he won't seek it out. I wonder if some of it is to do with having been original free and wild animals, not that long ago. Part of it is an outdoor instinct.

Hugo's There
19-02-2013, 09:38 PM

Will pm you :wave: I would be more than happy to send you some fenugreek crunchies. I have sent fibreplex to a member in the US before so it shouldn't be a problem :D