• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He is here!!! Was Buzz now called Woody **Photo overload**

el1983

Mama Doe
Well he is here, he istucked up in bed now though. We decided to call him Woody instead of Buzz, Holly changed her mind last minute lol. Well Woody has had a lovely run in the garden today, showing off a couple of his binkies. He has met Bella, there was alot of sniffing through the bars of the run, im just going to let them see each other like that for a while and see how that goes :) Hubby got the wendy house set up, he still needs some bit getting and id like to get the new run which will be put on his and Bellas new bigger house, so that i can use that now and he will have a bigger run, but this is better than what he was in, which was a small hutch, not run attached. So here he is my gorgeous Woody :love:

b565a563-56db-4ae8-9825-153e3e7ff704_zps5df5b9ca.jpg

16977d2a-3a7f-481e-a6e6-b9be2977d129_zps3542e299.jpg

11d0d544-0b74-42ae-81d8-f0fa8cdaf04c_zps2ec08fd3.jpg

Cheeky bunny.

38f30e03-297a-4943-8178-721588bdc4e6_zpsce0bb275.jpg

b5c1d9ba-181e-4c15-a91f-089cf9f5bd9b_zps2c86671d.jpg

Meeting Bella!!!!

a9edc7b9-1742-41b8-b487-c70d79206fc6_zps2541a057.jpg

b601c077-552f-468c-b618-4177b56a2818_zps570a2c49.jpg

Its a bit basic but its much better than his old pad and he sems to like it :thumb:

Well he is here, he istucked up in bed now though. We decided to call him Woody instead of Buzz, Holly changed her mind last minute lol. Well Woody has had a lovely run in the garden today, showing off a couple of his binkies. He has met Bella, there was alot of sniffing through the bars of the run, im just going to let them see each other like that for a while and see how that goes :) Hubby got the wendy house set up, he still needs some bit getting and id like to get the new run which will be put on his and Bellas new bigger house, so that i can use that now and he will have a bigger run, but this is better than what he was in, which was a small hutch, not run attached. So here he is my gorgeous Woody :love:

b565a563-56db-4ae8-9825-153e3e7ff704_zps5df5b9ca.jpg

16977d2a-3a7f-481e-a6e6-b9be2977d129_zps3542e299.jpg

11d0d544-0b74-42ae-81d8-f0fa8cdaf04c_zps2ec08fd3.jpg

Cheeky bunny.

38f30e03-297a-4943-8178-721588bdc4e6_zpsce0bb275.jpg

b5c1d9ba-181e-4c15-a91f-089cf9f5bd9b_zps2c86671d.jpg

Meeting Bella!!!!

a9edc7b9-1742-41b8-b487-c70d79206fc6_zps2541a057.jpg

b601c077-552f-468c-b618-4177b56a2818_zps570a2c49.jpg

Its a bit basic but its much better than his old pad and he sems to like it :thumb:

He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Is he a standard or mini rex? I also love Bella :)

Thank you i am in love :love: he is a standard, the lady i got him from said he is 9 months old, he seems very small, she had his mum and dad and his mum was bigger than the dad and Woody. He is alot smaller than Bella bless him. Bella is a sweetie, she was very interested in him so im hoping this is a good sign

His hocks look fine but claws need a good trim, i think ill be ok to do his as he has see through claws, i dearnt do Bellas as hers are black so getting the vet to do hers.

Can't believe I missed this!

I was waiting for aaaaages to see the little man... He is absolutely gorgeous! Those little white paws and the white tip tail... *squeeee!!!* sorry... :oops: that happens occasionally :oops: ...
And I'm loving the set up... I'm saving up for better accommodation for my outside buns. They are in the best 6x2 hutches with fixed 8x3 runs I could get my hands on, but thanks to RU, I have other bunny accommodation dreams. :lol:

I'm so very pleased he has arrived safe and is settling in, plus it's earlier so you didn't have to wait as long as you thought. I bet the little lad can't believe what he has got instead of that tiny hutch you described. :censored: Welcome to the good life Woody! ;) xx

He is a cute chap :love:

I really would advise you to quarantine him from Bella though, for at least 7 days

By this I mean no direct (through mesh) contact and no exercising in areas Bella uses.

The stress of moving to a new home can trigger a latent illness such as Pasteurella ('snuffles'), EC, or a gut problem (coccidiosis for example).
All of these pose a real threat to other Rabbits which is why quarantine of Newbies is so important. They could be carrying a pathogen and pass it on BEFORE they show any obvious symptoms themselves.

Not meaning to put a downer on things for you, but I thought it was important to explain the importance of Quarantine,

Hope that Woody and Bella will eventually become best friends :love:

I was waiting for aaaaages to see the little man... He is absolutely gorgeous! Those little white paws and the white tip tail... *squeeee!!!* sorry... :oops: that happens occasionally :oops: ...
And I'm loving the set up... I'm saving up for better accommodation for my outside buns. They are in the best 6x2 hutches with fixed 8x3 runs I could get my hands on, but thanks to RU, I have other bunny accommodation dreams. :lol:

I'm so very pleased he has arrived safe and is settling in, plus it's earlier so you didn't have to wait as long as you thought. I bet the little lad can't believe what he has got instead of that tiny hutch you described. :censored: Welcome to the good life Woody! ;) xx

Thank you!!! I know i just didnt get chance till last night, my brother came home from Iraq yesterday, he works there and usually goes to see his gf in Australia when hes on leave so i was super excited for him coming round, we had a chinese it was brill.

Awwww i didnt know they couldnt meet or even meet through the bars, the only tjing is Bella gets free run if the garden so the only way to keep them seperate is to shut him in his house when shes out which will b quite a bit. Aw and he was so happy running around yesterday you could just see he wasnt used to such freedom.

Ill b gutted to not let him out for a week but ill do it if it means hes not gonna get sick. Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

eek he is so so lovely! :love: bella wont be able to help but fall in love with him :love::love:

I hope so, she keeps looking at him when she goes outside. Cant wait to get him neutered which will prob be April now, (March is a bad month for us, bdays, mothers day it totally kills us) then i can start the bonding, bit nervous about it but will just take it slow.

:love: he's very handsome, bet he's loving all of his new space.

Just so you know, what they do through bars has no telling of how they will react when they are actually together :) Donny and Lola hated each other when they met through bars, even on neutral ground. But they only took 2 days to bond.

:love: he's very handsome, bet he's loving all of his new space.

Just so you know, what they do through bars has no telling of how they will react when they are actually together :) Donny and Lola hated each other when they met through bars, even on neutral ground. But they only took 2 days to bond.

Well my 2 seem fine through the bars, he seems really excited to get out, and she is sniffing him lots and then just goes off round the garden, she keeps jumping onto the run and has weed around his run and on the tarporlin which covers the run so im guessing she is leaving her mark. Just hope it goes well im so desperate for them to get on, i want to see bunny love :love:

Back