• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Odd "line" across nose bridge

Fennic

Warren Scout
Hi there, frankly I have no idea what this is. It feels raised and she doesn't seem to mind it being touched it's appeared overnight. I still can't help but worry. Thought it may be best to ask experts. :) Heres some photos enclosed. She is however a house rabbit who has full run of upstairs and downstairs she may have potentially banged it. Without the pictures it looks like theres a "human hair" on her fur the way it presses down.

DSCF7022_zps3259a4dc.jpg

DSCF7021_zps922f895f.jpg

DSCF7020_zps9b49f340.jpg

DSCF7019_zps3ac64389.jpg

DSCF7014_zpscb959e0b.jpg

Hope it's visible enough in the photo's it's in the white part of her fur above the whiskers going across in an arch shape.

Is she moulting? Stephen's a black and white Dutch and gets this line when he moults,

Thats the thing though, I can feel the raise on her skull. Wouldn't think shes moulting.

I can when Stephen moults though. It's just the shape which is usually a bit more cushioned with winter coat, and you don't normally pay that much attention until you see the line appear?

I can when Stephen moults though. It's just the shape which is usually a bit more cushioned with winter coat, and you don't normally pay that much attention until you see the line appear?

I just picked her up and checked her over, she doesn't seem to be moulting as of yet no clumps hanging around. Her nose did however loose a few hairs on a very gentle pluck.

when the 'big spring moult' starts it tends to start somewhere on the nose/forehead area and then work its way out and backwards - mine usually starts with a line, then a 'star shape' on the forehead, then it travels in a line backwards. One bun I have gets bushy eyebrows!!!

That eye discolorations been there since we got her it's never changed grown or such. This was May or so last year. I think she may have damaged it prior to us taking her in.

Louie has the same kind of line across his nose, it always appears at the start of him moulting.

Back