• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's bunny lick the couch?

Poppy licks the suade effect dining room chairs...sometimes to the point that they look completely wet. I have no idea why she does it. I have now covered the chairs with towels/fleeces.

We have leather couches so it's not too bad if she does it but I could imagine suede being difficult to keep good. Is it a certain kind of fleece you get as I want to get bunny one but wasn't sure if the fibres would be bad for her if she buried on it and ate them.

When my outdoor bun comes inside a few times a day he licks the carpet in the spare bedroom. I think its a natural one like sisal or something ( it was here when we moved in). It doesn't give off any fibres so assume he thinks its like rattan furniture stuff!

Yes - sofa; my clothes; my feet; my hands; the floor; his bed; cushions; curtains; carpets......

Sign of affection I think so far as Hector is concerned. :)

My bun will lick my pillows and duvet cover in the same place for so long that he makes it soggy. :shock: It's "indirect grooming". Generally when a bun doesn't want to groom you they will groom objects around you to show their affection. Although I think Fiver does it for attention sometimes. :roll:

Frankie licks her friend - a Toy story ball. She is utterly in love with it. Lola licks dusty :oops: skirting boards, and Cookie just licks me :love: The sofa they nibble but have licked a couple of times :censored: :lol:

Biffy does it all the time. He jumps up onto the back of the sofa and licks it behind me. He also has a particular pillow he likes to lick that he lays on. He likes licking my clothes and my boyfriends beard too. :lol:

Jack licks the floor. He's an odd one. He also licks my boots but that is after I've been petting him and I think he is grooming me. But he often licks the floor.
My other boy, Billie, just licks my jacket.

Jenny licks a suede effect foot stool. Glad to hear this is on the normal spectrum of rabbit behaviour. She is very licky anyway; just hope she thinks our strokes are fair exchange for all the licks she gives us!

I'd love to be able to get wee licks from my bun :(
Hopefully as time goes by she might as I've only had her 3 months but she's always looking for cuddles and wants petting from me. Not so my boyfriend though haha.

nibbles loves to lick everything - shoes, trousers, walls, sofas, cushions, the washing machine, cupboards...... clearly we should have named him Licker

Back