• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you stop a rabbit from jumping onto certain objects?

Jasmine1

New Kit
*sorry if this is posted in the wrong area...i wasn't sure where else to post*

Hello all :wave:

In my rabbits shed we have like this big plastic box, with a lid on, which the rabbits sleep in. They always jump on top of the lid, and will sit there all night if they can. I have actually now removed the lid to ensure they sleep inside the box rather than on it. But its not as warm that way, and kind of defeats the point of having the sleeping box! So I was thinking, does anyone have any ideas I could use to prevent them jumping up...especially because one of my buns can happily jump up, but is terrified of jumping down, and will not do it at all (which is the main reason why I removed the lid!!). So basically a silly question...how can I stop my buns from jumping onto a box? :oops:

thanks for any advice!! :wave:

Just stuff the box full of hay for them to sleep in - don't quite understand how the lid can be used on the box anyway?

umm, you remove it or block it off, if they want to jump on it they will and the only way to stop them is to stop them being able to jump on it

Bunnies have built in fur coats, and particularly if there is two to snuggle, they often don't go in their 'sleeping box' to sleep. It's good you have one so they can use it if they want, but don't be worried if they choose not to.

My advice would be to put the lid back on and let them use it as a look out point if they want. Adding a shorter box next to it as a step will mean your less agile bunny can get up/down easier.

You could introduce some tunnels or cardboard boxes to give them more options for things to sit on/in :)

Back