PDA

View Full Version : Anyone given their bunnies echinacea and levimasole?

cpayne
16-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I've heard of echinacea before but not levimasole. This is be perscribed for Doughnut to boost her immune system. Wondered if anyone had found it any good and noticed a difference and if their bunnies liked the taste. Doughnut will lap any meds out of her bowl apart from metacam so wondering if I will be adding this to her weetabix in the morning!

Dustyrabbit
16-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I have given mine echinacea drops.

I am sure it helps humans so why not rabbits?

You can buy the dried plant from galens garden as well as a tincture I believe.

Elena
16-02-2013, 05:27 PM
I've heard of astragalus but can't remember it's properties! Mine had echinachea in their water a while back, going to give Nutmeg some on a crunchie as her snuffles have flared up again (we were at Trinity on Thursday! Missed you by a day ;))

KateB
16-02-2013, 06:18 PM
We've been giving dried coneflower which is the plant echinacea is extracted from - our guys think it's a treat!

biscandmatt1
16-02-2013, 06:27 PM
bisc and matt have coneflower aswell :wave:

weeble
16-02-2013, 06:34 PM
I think Judy has given echinacea with good results

MichG
16-02-2013, 07:04 PM
I got echinacea from Galens Garden they do all sorts of lovely things on there as well as have a guide to all herbs/forage and their properties, might be a good site to have a browse.

cpayne
17-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone, seems I've got the echinacea with levimasole not astragalus as originally thought. I have to give her 1ml a day so may have to try and syringe feed her which is a complete nightmare!