• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone given their bunnies echinacea and levimasole?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I've heard of echinacea before but not levimasole. This is be perscribed for Doughnut to boost her immune system. Wondered if anyone had found it any good and noticed a difference and if their bunnies liked the taste. Doughnut will lap any meds out of her bowl apart from metacam so wondering if I will be adding this to her weetabix in the morning!

Last edited:
I have given mine echinacea drops.

I am sure it helps humans so why not rabbits?

You can buy the dried plant from galens garden as well as a tincture I believe.

I've heard of astragalus but can't remember it's properties! Mine had echinachea in their water a while back, going to give Nutmeg some on a crunchie as her snuffles have flared up again (we were at Trinity on Thursday! Missed you by a day ;))

We've been giving dried coneflower which is the plant echinacea is extracted from - our guys think it's a treat!

I got echinacea from Galens Garden they do all sorts of lovely things on there as well as have a guide to all herbs/forage and their properties, might be a good site to have a browse.

Thanks everyone, seems I've got the echinacea with levimasole not astragalus as originally thought. I have to give her 1ml a day so may have to try and syringe feed her which is a complete nightmare!

Back