• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny afternoon : just reflecting...

Schez

Mama Doe
There are some days when you just can't be :censored:... But still I dragged my sorry butt outside to clean the bunnies. I've felt so rotten the last couple of days: cold, cough, temp, sore throat just generally feeling blaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.... But the sun was shining and the bunnies were basking in it... I told myself to just get it done quick... But I ended up out there all afternoon! And feeling better for it! :thumb:
They just make me laugh sooooo much and I was taking so many photo's and spending so much time talking with them (desperately wanted cuddles but didn't want to give them any nasty germs) that it took twice as long... :lol:
My mum thinks I'm crazy and "making too much work for myself" having the bunnies as well as my two young boys. But being out there today made me realise just how much I need my furry buddies as much as they need me...

What do your bunnies do that cheers you up?

*As I'm typing this Reggie is lounging by my feet and nibbling at my laces... Think he wants something.... Better get back to it.... :lol:

Ps: Thanks for reading my ramble... Just needed somewhere to "reflect"... :)

Pud is very affectionate so nose bumps and cuddles are great. But I LOVE watching him tear round in circles, leaping up and binkying. I also love it when he flops because I suppose he wouldn't be doing these things if he wasn't happy and relaxed. Oh, and when he's naughty and then apologises with a nose bump and running in circles around our feet. I tried to initiate bunny time out (where he is lifted into his base cage, just to show him 'You will go away from the fun if you misbehave!') but neither of us can do it because he immediately tells us he loves us :lol:

I don't need words.

This say it perfectly.

e770cf1d3af412f10bbe7ee5f2117858_zps3cff217d.jpg

FavouritePhoto-Biscuit2Medium.jpg

Pud is very affectionate so nose bumps and cuddles are great. But I LOVE watching him tear round in circles, leaping up and binkying. I also love it when he flops because I suppose he wouldn't be doing these things if he wasn't happy and relaxed. Oh, and when he's naughty and then apologises with a nose bump and running in circles around our feet. I tried to initiate bunny time out (where he is lifted into his base cage, just to show him 'You will go away from the fun if you misbehave!') but neither of us can do it because he immediately tells us he loves us :lol:

:lol: :lol: I'm sure they know how to get around us! ;) love, love, love when we get to see them binky and then flop... Relaxed, happy buns! :thumb:

You can totally tell... :love: would love to know how you found them... All my buns just kinda found me I guess.. :lol: Harry was an RU bun.. ;)

Biccy was a garden centre bun. I knew nothing of rescues or their plight.

I then found RU after I'd had Biccy neutered ( at Blakes, Burnham ).

Ginger is an RU bunny, came from what was Starlights Rescue, which has since closed its doors.

Biscuit lived on his own in a 4ft hutch in my living room.

He now lives with Ginger in a 4m x 2.5m room in our house lol..spoilt! All thanks to RU. Ginger has a fair few issues, but she's a happy little thing :love: Biccy is a little begger, but I love him to bits!

Biccy was a garden centre bun. I knew nothing of rescues or their plight.

I then found RU after I'd had Biccy neutered ( at Blakes, Burnham ).

Ginger is an RU bunny, came from what was Starlights Rescue, which has since closed its doors.

Biscuit lived on his own in a 4ft hutch in my living room.

He now lives with Ginger in a 4m x 2.5m room in our house lol..spoilt! All thanks to RU. Ginger has a fair few issues, but she's a happy little thing :love: Biccy is a little begger, but I love him to bits!

Awww, thanks for sharing... :D

Heehee! They can be so naughty at times... Drive you absolutely crackers, but you can't help but love 'em! :love: (reckon Biccy knows it too!;) )

I had bunnies when I was young... (about 10 years old I think; stopped a friends dad from releasing them into a field as they didn't have the breeding under control... *sigh*) I shudder thinking about it now as it's obvious I didn't have the bunny knowledge then, and there was no one to teach me. :( don't get me wrong, they were loved very, very much but they could have had soooooo much more if I had known more.

I was the same as you, I found Stanleigh at a garden centre. I didnt go there with getting a bunny in mind, but she was in tiny enclosure and on her own (grrr)... So she came home with me... My other buns were ones "no longer wanted" :)() or, in the case of Harry, just needed a home as owner thought someone could give him better and didn't want to put pressure on rescues.

Thank goodness for RU, I've learnt loads and both me and my bunnies are happier for it. :D

I love my two soo much they always make me smile and I am sat out with them right now, watching them eat hay, run round, come and sniff me, Moley is attacking some bubble wrap and trying to open the back door. I have already been out here for an hour and half. Now I am surrounded......
I wouldn't have it any other way.

The other night some friends who come to feed them said that I obviously have two v happy buns which made me feel v happy, to see that non bunny folk see the love I give them, but they wouldn't have such good lives if it wasn't for the RU members and my oh being so understanding. :wave:

Back